1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

new beretta

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by paramedic, Jun 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paramedic

paramedic TS Member

Fellow shooter Fri nite had purchased a beretta al391 teknys gold target. Gun feels great anybody else have one. How do you like it? Thanks Darrell

2. kevin a.

kevin a. Member

i like my 391 urika2

kevin

3. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter if anyone likes their gun--what matters is--does your gun work for you. Its akin to asking do you like your car.

Phil Berkowitz

4. Mike Battista

Mike Battista Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

If this is the one with the ribs that you can change be advised that you will need three hands to do so(Beretta's comment). Sent one back to Beretta as the ribs would interchange for me or my customer.
    Mike Battista

5. Tron

Tron Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

I feel that the Beretta 300 series autos are the best autos ever built. I'm not fond of a few of the Teknys features though, like the removable ribs or the blue side plates that pop out of the sides of the head of the stock. Other than that, it's just a 391 and all other parts interchange and most of the internals go way back in the 300 series.

I would highly recommend that you shoot this gun "wet" with Breakfree CLP and don't go nuts with cleaning it after every outing. Me and the Sporty pals that I shoot with go thousands of rounds without touching the internals. I would also highly suggest using clean ammo such as anything Remington or Winchester AA's. Stay away from Federal ammo unless you plan on de-gunking this gun after every use. If you reload, be sure to use the cleanest powder that you can find such as 700X or Clays.

Enjoy your new gun!

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

A very well balanced, soft shooting gun. Listen to Tron about the Federal Top Gun/Estate shells. Gun Clubs are not as bad, but any steel hull will sometimes creates feeding problems. At least with my 391 they do.

I save my older AA/STS hulls and use them for my sporting reloads with Clays.

7. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

I've put probably 30,000 steel based shells through ny 391 without a feeding problem. At least half those were Estates, and never cleaned my gun more frequently than every couple thousand rounds with no problem cycling two shells. I never shoot reloads, because I don't reload.

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

What Tron said....

Jerbear

9. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

I have a Gold Target and shoot nothing but Federal Top gun. Now problems.
    I clean the gun when I reach 3000 rounds or more.

10. Ontario Chris

Ontario Chris Member

My Gold Target is a keeper. I would however, take Trons advise and use clean shooting factory shells and clean reloading powder. My former powder was Promo and it gunked up the works pretty quickly but switched to Alliant Extra Lite...very clean.

Gun Club hull, 15.3 gr. Extra Lite, Rem TGT-12 wad, Win primer, 1 oz. hard shot 10,000+ psi and gets the job done cleanly and without much recoil.

Chris

11. CLP101

CLP101 TS Member

I'm looking at buying a 3901 Target RL for my 11 year old. Can I use 7/8 oz light loads and still cycle? If not can you change springs or modify ports to make it work? Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.