1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Beretta 391 RIb by DeVault Industries

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Dennis DeVault, Jan 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dennis DeVault

Dennis DeVault Well-Known Member

We have been recceiving alot of e-mails and phone calls asking for photos of the new rib style for the 391 conversion package that we offer. Below are several photos of the first one. The hook-up in the back of the barrel is a lower profile and we think it gives the barrel a more stream-line look. I don't know if the photos are good enough but the sides of the rib where the circles are cut, they are recessed. The rib width is 3/8" and the cuts are 1/8" deep on each side leaving a web of 1/8". The ramp in the rear of the rib is radiused and then transitioned into the flat on the top of the rib. The top of the rib has been cut into a checkering pattern for light difusion. The rib will come in four standard configruations 7/8" sloped to 1/2" ~ 7/8" sloped to 5/16" for shooting high ~ 3/4" to sloped to 5/16" ~ and 5/8" sloped to 5/16" for a low profile look. All of the ribs are fully adjustable and interchangable. There are 4 notches in the front post and at the setting closest to the barrel in front the rib will lower the POI about 9" in the top notch. Right now the front collar is fastened to the barrel with our adhesive that we have been using for 18 years. As of now the back anchor is silver solidered in place, but we are working with a company to use adhesive in that area as well. With the adhesive we do not put any un-necessary heat to the barrel thus eliminating the possiblity of the barrel moving because of the excessive heat. The bluing work was done by Stu Wright. The cad design on the rib was done by Bryan. I hope that this new look will be well received. As always thank you for taking a look.

Dennis & the Crew

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view¤t=beretta391rib1.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view¤t=beretta391-3.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view¤t=beretta391-5.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

<a href="http://s305.photobucket.com/albums/nn210/Spanky97/?action=view¤t=beretta391-4.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

2. short shucker

short shucker TS Member

Very nice work Dennis, Stu, and the rest of the crew.

ss

3. Dennis DeVault

Pat,

The rib can be done on any of the Beretta 303 390, 391, Tekney, and the Extrema series.

Dennis

4. max trap

max trap Member

5. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

The workmanship is good. I don't like the holes it makes it look out dated.

6. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Dennis, Why such a tall deep rib? Trying to get the head up? I would think you would lower the front of the rib (thinner) to give more POI adjustment. Berettas shoot too low for 100% POI guys.

7. Dennis DeVault

Setterman,

That rib was made for a sporting clays shooter. With the rib all the way down the gun shoots about 4 inches high. This rib was made for a lady with a long neck and she needed this height so that it would fit her structure. As I have stated all along we are not limited to just one thing, we make our custom products to fit what a shooter needs and what the application requires. Thank you for the question.

Dennis DeVault

8. chuckles

chuckles Member

Ugly as sin....sure wouldn't standardize on it.

You asked...

9. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Dennis, there was another rib you made that had slots, instead of holes, that fanned out out across the length of the rib. I really liked that pattern. What patterns do you offer?

Joe

10. Dennis DeVault

Joe,

That was a rib done for the 2009 one of one gun and that will not be repeated. It was a special design. I am going to have another design this week and I will see how it comes out.

Dennis

11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Dennis,

How about changing the 1-of-1 design some? Invert it by putting the pivot point of the fan above the gun instead of on the ground below the gun? That would be cool too and keep your 1-of-1 design unique. [delete]That or counter the slope of the rib with an exact opposite slope of the cut outs.[delete]

Your circles in the pictures above remind me of little targets. Another idea is a random pattern like in a shot pattern on paper.

Looking forward to what you come up with.

Thanks,

Joe

12. Chester White

Chester White Member

Dennis, when you give dimensions such as 7/8" tapering to 5/16", where are they measured from? Would you be able to make one 7/8" tapering to 3/16" (a really high shooter)?

13. Dennis DeVault

To Mr. White,

5/16" is as low as we can go in the front of the rib. We need the extra room for the plunger that is used to hold the rib in place and adjust your POI. The 7/8" dimension is the tiickness of the rib at its highest in the back of th3e rib. Pattern height is figured by a formula that is 1080 x the slope = Y divided by the barrel length. Example 1080 x .562 of slope = .606 now divide that answer by 32" the barrel length = 18.9 inches of height. This is of course a theoretical POI and the gun must be shot on a pattern board to determine the actual POI. It is how we start when figuring a rib dimension. Hope that is of some help. We also use lasers to get it a little closer so we don't have to make two ribs for every job.

Dennis DeVault

14. tomlieb

tomlieb Member

Dennis, Why do you have/need the support in the middle of the barrel? You don't have it on the infinity ribs.
    Tom

15. Tekyn gold

Tekyn gold TS Member

So I will be able to take my rib off and put one of these ribs on???

16. Dennis DeVault

Hi Tom,

It is already there from the old rib and some people like to see it even though it does not do a whole lot other than add some lateral support.

To Tekyn gold,

If the hook-up is the same as what has been dispalyed then yes you can go to a different rib. Hope that this clears things up.

Dennis DeVault

17. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

It doesn't work that way-you have to send your barrel to Dennis, it is then modified to accept the new rib--

Phil Berkowitz

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

beretta 391 extreme barrel rib width

devault 391

devault industries rib

devault ribs