1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW BEND OREGON TRAP CLUB

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Kingbang, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kingbang

Kingbang TS Member

My wife and I drove over to Bend this morning to witness their first PITA registered shoot and to look at the new facility. WOW!! Was it impressive, and its not even completely finished. The facility is located in the high desert about 30 miles east of Bend. Easy to find. The backgound is real good as the land slopes away gently from the trap houses and the nearest obstruction are hills probably 2 miles away. Not a tree in sight. They have I beleive 9 houses operational with more coming shortly. I went and looked in the trap houses that all have brand new PATS with Canterbury wireless release systems. I swear they can get over 2 pallets of targets in each house along with a cot and a cooler. The runways are solid concrete adding for a very tidy appearance.Once the grass is in and the landscaping finished its going to be beautiful. A friend of mine counted 43 RV's and the way we all know how to daisy chain? I have no idea how many RV's can hook up. They put in an 800amp single phase service, With a future photo voltaic system that is on site to be installed. (VERY SMART!)The club house is of contoured colored concrete in a light brown color and is really quite striking to look at. There are showers in the mens and ladies rooms, My wife said the ladies room was very very nice, was like being in a 4 star motel bath. My hat is off to Bill Grafton and the board, its easy to see for any of us that are actively involved in running a trap club how much work these people have done in a short time. TAKE A BOW you all deserve it. ^^^

Dennis

President

Cottage Grove Eugene Sportsmens Club

2. 870aa

870aa TS Member

I cant wait to see it.

Ted

3. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

OK, here's some views - unlandscaped as yet but it's said that's next week's surprise.
    First from a distance looking west across the current 9 traps, club house, and RV parkinga:

<a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/St%20Johns%20Church/Family%20Photos/?action=view&current=IMG_0001.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Then looking east from down the line back towards the club house:
    <a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/St%20Johns%20Church/Family%20Photos/?action=view&current=IMG_0004.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Next is a cozy sun or rain shade behind the fields with table, benches, and take notice of tall scorer's chair, concrete shooting pads, trap house, and shooting background:
    <a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/St%20Johns%20Church/Family%20Photos/?action=view&current=IMG_0003.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last is cool set up with a hoop on a hinge at every field ready to raise and test birds at a moments notice. Pull a pin and the hoop drops out of view and shooting continues promptly:
    <a href="http://s16.photobucket.com/albums/b41/rdodd/St%20Johns%20Church/Family%20Photos/?action=view&current=IMG_0008.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Shooters did experience some concerns with the cordless voice calls with several folks having to change their customary call and some units being really troublesome. When these are ironed out, should be really neat. The club chose to limit construction to just what was at the old club, 8 event traps and one practice, to ensure some normalcy to Bend's shoots before thinking of expanding to at least 12 event traps which should handle ATA and PITA state shoots. Even more are apparently possible in the future.

The club is not visible from the highway and the 1/4 mile driveway can be found on the south side of Hwy 20 at mile post 30 (30 miles east of Bend) and just 1500' east of the intersection at George Millican Hwy to Prineville. It is thought there will be open hours for practice hours on Sundays and possibly during one day during the week, there is a gate at the driveway entrance and a caretaker on the premise. Visitors wanting to take a look should try to check with the caretaker. I'm told it's unknown yet if the gate will be open odd hours and there is still a lot of construction activity at this time...Bob Dodd

4. d endicott

d endicott Member

Bob: thank for the pic's it is a nice club

5. t-bar

t-bar Member

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Beautiful gun club.

bar

6. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Congrads to the Bend Trap Club for a wonderful shoot. Great food, great awards, and great targets. The scores reflected it. Oh by the way Bob Dodd, you missed your singles shoot off Saturday evening....lol David

7. BDodd

BDodd TS Member

Dang, David, I had a hunch my score might hit a runner-up or even just Vet or whatever but figured it would be a dozen way shoot off or whatever. Instead, I wanted to get home during the least traffic and deliver all the club's ammo and components so I just made tracks. All I knew was that I couldn't win A class and not much else was worth driving home in the dark with ammo, powder, primers and all in the rig. I'm sure whoever I forfeited to deserved it. I enjoyed meeting you and your son and hope to seeya soon again...Bob Dodd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.