1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

****New Bench, Poor lighting!!!What to do?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Longhorn, Jan 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

I just installed a new reloading bench in my basement. Beautiful maple top with a riser shelf. I've always been in my garage and used the fluorescent light above my reloader. Now I have ceiling lights only. Do any of you have suggestions for lighting? Why is it that I need more light now than when I was young?

2. phirel

phirel TS Member

You can get a plug in two bulb 48 inch fluorescent light fixture that can be hung with short chains from the ceiling ($25). Possibly a single 24 inch fixture that mounts flush against the wall would be enough ($15). An extension cord should reach a wall receptacle.

Pat Ireland

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Get a 48 inch shop light . Put an appliance cord on it and hang it. If your ceiling light fixture is not a porcelain with plug job get an adaptor and put it in so you can plug in your shop light.

Problem solved.

HM

4. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

I just turned around to take a pic of my ceiling lamp setup (4 banks of 4' dual tube florescents (high intensity bulbs) and several track lights... to see a bulb out here in the small part of the shop.

You can get a chrome reflector to fit into the 4' florescent fixtures too. I should do that.

Whiz