1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New bb gun for me

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by brdslayr, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Picked up a used RWS Diana MDL 52 .22 cal. Made in W Germany, so not sure how old it is. Packs a serious punch. It'll shoot clean thru a steel gal can at 50 yards. :) Wonder if I can hit a trap or skeet target with it.

2. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

I thought for sure you meant a Bruce Bowen gun. What a disappointing thread!

3. Kemper

Kemper Active Member

That's what happens when you set your own expections.

4. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

Love my airguns.

5. ismah

ismah Member

Brdslyr, How does it work? Is it a piston style air gun or do you cock it somehow? Is it semi-automatic? I shoot my Daisy on a regular basis and am thinking of an up-grade. Bill

6. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Barry, Now you wouldn't have opened this thread for the same reason, would you?

7. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Bill, its a side cocker. You can kinda see the long lever in the picture. Actually takes some effort to get it back, but worth it when you pull the trigger. JW

8. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Trap might be possible..depends how fast you can cock/load/swing to get a decent pattern ; ))

9. chemist

chemist Member

great little gun. called a springer. Just for info. DO NOT PUT A REGULAR SCOPE ON THIS RIFLE , it will break the internals. Even the magnum scopes. Has two recoil directions. One forward back like a rifle but the other rotational as the spring uncoils. I have a few and enjoy them in the winter or in the cellar. Good luck and have fun but don't shoot your eye out. Sorry , could not resist that one. A pellet actually goes thru a clay bird and leaves a small hole. I use them as cheap targets. Go to www. yellowforum.com. Don't get hooked as there is an air gun called a Whitscomb that goes for $2500 + .

enjoy

Rich K- chemist

10. MDMike

MDMike Well-Known Member

I'm glad someone else picked up on the recoil issues with air rifles. When I first experenced this I couldn't believe it until I watched a friend shoot one. Opened my eyes.....

11. DecalDude

DecalDude Active Member

Well atleast he had a PICTURE!!!!!!!!!! I bet I wore out 6 BB guns growing up. They hod a spot in my heart. I prolly should go get mine out of storage and pass them on to someone who will apreciate them.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.