1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Average Cards...when...how soon?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by OldGoat, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OldGoat

OldGoat Well-Known Member

I see on the shootata.com website that I have been assigned a 2 yard handicap reduction. Need info re: How do I ACCEPT? How soon can I get a new Average Card? Help. Best Regards, Ed

2. smsnyder

smsnyder Well-Known Member

Some shoots don't look at your card. They just get info off ATA web site.

3. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Ed,

The 2-yd reduction process is on-going and not expected to be completed until the middle of next week.

Following that, the ATA Office will send the Delegates a list of their shooters who met the requirements, for approval.

Assuming the Delegates take care of that in a timely manner, I expect new cards to start going out about the 16th of January. I'm probably a little optimistic, but it certainly won't be sooner than that.

If you are going to shoot before the end of January, print out your Shooter Info Center page, contact your Delegate (his email will be on your State's page on shootata.com) and ask for his approval of your reduction. Print his reply email out and take both of those items to the shoot. You shouldn't have a problem then classifying at your new yardage.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

The ink isn't dry on the reduction and you are whining, p & m ing about your new card. How about when you get it you will know when it's going to arrive. Shoot you old yardage or set on your butt until it gets there.

Don

5. OldGoat

Gosh, Don. Did I really sound like I was whining? Also, I did not understand your "p & m ing" remark. I just asked a couple of questions.

I really did not expect such a "powerful" response from a trapshooting "All American" with an "attitude".

Fortunately, I got a legitimate, non-hysterical response from V10 before your tongue lashing. Don, to borrow a line from the movie "Stripes": "Lighten up, Francis." Best Regards, I think...(maybe you are just having a bad day). Ed

6. smsnyder

V10 thanks for the info. Just notified my delegate i need approved before Dixie Grand.

7. Calkidd

Calkidd Well-Known Member

Ed, how dare you not thoroughly search and nit pick this forum before asking such absurd questions. Shame, Shame.....

8. OldGoat

Yes, this is teaching me a lesson. The shame is mine...doggone it. ;o) Best Regards, Ed

9. smsnyder

BIGDON is the internet Police. Watch out.

10. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You should all spend some time reading what's already been posted, several threads worth.

11. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I agree with what BigM said above. V10 has spent alot of time answering just about every question asked on the many "2 yard reduction" threads that have been posted this past week. Instead of all the same questions being asked over and over, read some of the threads and see if your question hasn't already been answered. It probably has several times.

I would also like to offer a BIG THANK YOU to V10 the Utah State Delegate for answering all of our questions on this reduction.

12. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Earl, et al.:

Anyone going to the Dixie Grand should be able to just print out a copy of their Shooter Info Center page that shows their 2 yard reduction (I'm referring to the "printer friendly" page), and take that with them to the Dixie Grand. There will be EC and CHC personnel there who can "verify" that you've gotten the reduction.

If you have your Delegates approval before then, that's fine, but there won't be any shortage of ATA personnel at a Satellite Grand to also provide the needed "verification."

13. smsnyder

Thanks V10

14. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

V10, Wouldn't Earl still need his delegates approval before talking his reduction. If he would go to the Dixie and shoot from his reduced yardage and his delegate decided he wasn't going to give Earl the reduction then Earl will have to DQ his targets because he shot from the wrong yardage. Just wondering. Thanks

15. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

hoosier,

The Rule Book (Section VI, F, 1 (second sentence)) says "The ATA Shooter Information Center may be used as evidence of a reduction with verification by a member of the Central Handicap Committee, a voting member of the Executive Committee or the shooters State or Provincial Delegate."

Over the last day or so, I've advised people who where going to shoot before the end of January to get their Delegates approval directly.

When I wrote the above advice, I thought, "Hmmm, there could be 150 - 200 shooters suddenly emailing their various Delegates asking for direct approval. That could be annoying." Couple that with the fact that the Dixie Grand is a Southern Zone Satellite Grand and that most of those shooters would be Southern Zone shooters and the Southern Zone VP and CHC rep will be there, and I decided to modify the advice slighty.

I also think that only a very few of the reductions will be denied. I can't think of anybody in Utah, for example, who I will deny a reduction.

But, your point is well taken and each shooter should consider how they want to approach the situation.

16. hoosier

hoosier TS Member

V10 My only concern was when a regular review takes place the delegates have already had a chance to look over the reductions and can keep a reduction from happening if they think that is what needs to be done. With this special reduction the delegates haven't had a chance to look at the list of reductions, yet. That was my only concern.Thanks V10 for all you are doing to answer the questions of the shooters. Have a great day.

17. V10

V10 Well-Known Member

Actually, hoosier, this process is following the same timeline as a normal review.

By that I mean, even with a normal 1000-target review the SIC is updated before a list is sent to the Delegates for approval and a new card is printed.

The only difference right now, is that a lot of people who are getting reductions are aware of the possibility and are looking at their SIC information. So they see the reduction before it's become official.

But if they happened to look at any other time when they were close to a 1000-target review, they could see the same thing.

But I appreciate you mentioning your concern. That gives people another perspective to consider. And emphasizes why they just need to be patient and let the process run its course.

Enjoy

18. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Now that's a novel idea.

"And emphasizes why they just need to be patient and let the process run its course. "

Don

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.