1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New auto mate user adjusting primer drop?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by striper, Oct 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. striper

striper Member

Just got the new auto mate set up and all is working fine except I can not get the primer to hit dead center every time it cycles. If doing by hand, and I see this I can tap the primer to drop in the hole, but with the auto mate I am worried that it will jam. What is the secret. It is always close but not 100% consistent. What is the best way to get a consistent drop. TY

2. Baber

Baber TS Member

Guess what... Its never 100% consistent. I watch it all the time and will occasionally have to nudge the primer into the hole. Get used it it. Nothing is ever consistent with a Mex except that its not consistent.

TB

3. Ducky

Ducky Member

Assuming new style primer assembly you just have to tweak the bracket a little.

4. willing

willing Member

Check the reloading forum on shotgunworld. There is a guy named Curly-nohair who puts on descriptions with pictures. He is one of the best with MECs. Use the search function.

Bill

5. JayLC

JayLC TS Member

striper: I recently installed the Mec primer drop you refer to on an old Mec 650 of mine. The "tweaking" I ended up doing was to slightly bend the plate the primer tube is welded to in order to get it aligned properly so it would drop primers consistently.....ie. maybe 1 out of 100 has to be manually nudged. I bent the plate by gently pulling on the bottom of the primer tube. The plate is a soft enough metal to allow it to bend rather easily.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.