1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW AUTO-BUSTER ON 391 20 GA YOUTH

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Ruck, Mar 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Here is a photo of the new Auto-Buster installed on a Beretta 391 20 ga Youth shotgun. The finished length of pull is 12 3/8" !!! This is the only recoil system on the market that can allow these formerly unheard-of short LOPs on auto-loaders.
    [​IMG]

2. C Prince

C Prince TS Member

Here is Kens web address. One of the best.

3. Old Texas Marine

Old Texas Marine Member

Ken,

What is your call on using my Benelli for your experimenting?

HBT

4. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

For the time being, I'll be doing all the installations myself. I need to do this to make sure I haven't missed something I need to know about, but it sure looks like a winner to me. I have enough parts to do about 30 right now and more on the way. Harry, I'd love to put one on your Benelli. Thanks!!

Ken

5. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

6. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Bill, it depends on the Benelli's pad attachment method. If it's screwed on, it may be possible. If it's one of their "push in" type, no.

Ken

7. BAD 303

BAD 303 Active Member

Ken have you tried it on the Beretta 303? It is a long recoil tube and most devices will not work. Just curious as i want one but have yet to find any that will work. Also have you got any plans to put a material in the gap to help make it more plaesing to the eye? I can send a 303 if you need a guinea pig. It may be your toughest challenge. Thanks

8. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I have 2 303's in the shop to do, and yes there is enough room for these 2. It won't do a real short lop in them, however. I believe about 14 1/2 or so is the shotest a 303 is going to get with it.

Ken

9. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

ttt

10. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

Ruck, when will you know if it will work on a Benelli?

11. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I've seen some Benellis have less than flawless cycling when not fired from the shoulder (in tactical matches). Some had problems with very soft recoil pads. I wonder if this device would affect cycling on a Benelli?

12. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

I have a Benelli located for a test (Harry) and we'll get one installed as soon as possible. Any of the recoil operated autos can be subject to cycling issues due to a loose gun mount. That said, however, I have installed Gracoils on a few different makes of them with long lop's (Benellis included) that functioned without incident. Since the Auto-Buster has a shorter stroke than a Gracoil, it may prove to be a non-issue.

Ken

13. Ruck

Ruck Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.