1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New ATA Store

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by MTA Tom, Apr 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

Is anyone else disappointed with the new ATA store?

It's just cheap-looking clothing, caps, bags, etc. with this notice, "All items will be embroidered with the official ATA logo. Logo colors may be changed to compliment the garment color you have chosen so that the logo will stand out!"

I don't see anything unique or specifically designed for trapshooting, and no ATA Coach items. They don't even illustrate the items with the logo applied!

2. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

Looks like you are the only one:)

FRedmon

3. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I really like the restaurant wear section.....

geez, why not just give us a link to Kohl's... same thing.

or better yet, one of the TS.commer embroidery companies...

geez, at least a couple of vests or gun bags would be nice..

4. geeber

geeber Member

It plain SUCKS!!!

Gary B.

5. pjbosh

pjbosh Member

Agreed, I went too check it out one day and was very dissapointed. Why not just go to wallyworld and buy a 5 dollar tshirt and take it to your local shop and have them put ATA on it.

6. spitter

spitter Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I'll stand up and say they have tried to improve and widen the available offerings to ATA members... the brands they are purveying at not "cheap" brands from my experience buying personalized goods...

However, all that said, it looks like any catalogue I might pickup at any embroidery type shop... there are not "shooting sports" type goods on display and that coupled with the lack of logo'd images may account for the dissatisfaction... they basically linked various catalogues through one site...

Still I give them credit for producing something... may not be perfect, could've been worse... a good first presentation that needs to be "tweaked"...

Jay

7. seaone

seaone TS Member

Where can I get ATA decals for vehicles? Yah,ysh, I know about putting advertisements on my truck, but I rarely keep a shotgun in there unless I'm coming or going to the club or a registered shoot.

8. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

pedestrian

9. Border Bandit

Border Bandit Well-Known Member

What on earth are you guys bitching about? It's a nicely laid out selection with sort tabs for a large selection of very nice apparel and accessories. Just the ball caps alone are worth a visit; not to mention the prices seem very competitive, especially when you consider the embroidery. Now, if they'd just offer a raglan half sleeve shooting shirt.

best...mike

10. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

Good Grief!

What is wrong with you folks here. The store has all kinds of shirts, caps etc. and all in a variety of styles. Even Flex-fit caps for goodness sake.

Did you actually look around, or did you make your decision based on just opening the first window?

Or, more likely considering the conversation that takes place here, you decided it was ATA, so it couldn't be anything good.

Bob

11. MTA Tom

MTA Tom Active Member

So you think the official store of the Amateur Trapshooting Association that doesn't include ANY trapshooting books, videos, vests, equipment, shooting bags, patches, decals, jewelry, commemorative items, eye and ear protection, instructional material, ATA Coach items, etc. is just fine???

Take a look at the NRA Store.

12. straightshooter1

straightshooter1 Well-Known Member TS Supporters

I think it looks pretty darned nice for just having started. I don't recall them ever having vests, equipment, bags, etc. (maybe they did, I just don't recall any) and I never looked for jewelry.

I may get a couple of the Flex-fit hats in the next few days.

Seems no matter what the ATA does, it's wrong to some folks. I understand nameisjoe-nothing could ever satisfy him, but the rest of you want so much for your $20 a year.

Of course, it will do a lot of good to complain on this site, although just maybe a call to the ATA or even an email asking about the things you want might get a response such as "They'll be in shortly!" or "No way are we gonna carry that kind of stuff!" or something similar.

Bob

13. RLC323

RLC323 Member

None of those folks look like trapshooters. The caps are name-brand though.

14. Unknown1

Unknown1 Well-Known Member

Never could understand the rationale of people spending even MORE of their money to advertise for any company or organization that not only charges them to get in the door but then charges them again to use its products and services.

Keller

15. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Glad to see the whiners, bitchers and complainers have a new target.

Yeah let's compare it to the NRA, now let's compare budgets. Please do a cranial extraction.

Don

16. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I buy all my ATA goods at the WSRC in Sparta.

17. Johnny

Johnny Well-Known Member

It's a trapshooting store for sure ,they offer - Extended Sizes: 7XL-10XL on one shirt.

18. zzoom

zzoom Member

Unknown, you are so right. I try very hard not to buy/wear anything with a company logo on it. If company wants me to wear their product with emblem or logo on it then give it to me and I might wear it. Every new car i have bought in the last 30 years or so i will have the dealer decal/sticker taken off. Tends to piss them off, but when I ask for cash to advertise for them, they look at me like i am crazy. Off go the sticker. If companies like Cabela's want me to wear a hat with their name on it, give it to me, I am not going to pay for it. Just my opinion.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.