1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Article by Dysinger on itrapshooters.com

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Bazooka Joe, Feb 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bazooka Joe

Bazooka Joe Member

Brad's view of ATA trapshooting for 2013

2. running bear

running bear Member

Still throwing mud at the ATA.

Buck

3. Matt Colman

Matt Colman Member

Nothing new.

4. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

I was born into a trapshooting family and I have been a shooter for almost 60 years. I shot my first Grand American in 1957 and I have shot every one since. This August will be the 70th grand for me to attend.

Trapshooting has been a life long passion for me. I very dearly want our sport to thrive and grow. I will continue to attend the grand where ever it may be held and also shoot ATA targets as long as my health and finances will allow. I am very concerned with our sports health and if it is to survive we need to reverse the direction that ATA shooting is headed now.

One very important step in turning our sport around would be for our leaders to be very strict in working inside of our rules structure.

Brad is not bashing our sport. The facts that Brad put in his trapshooting 2012 article are facts and they do show the direction that our sport is headed.

Running bear, Matt Colman, and Pipe layer instead of bashing Brad or dismissing his article give our sport some facts that will help turn our sport around before it is only a memory. Our present situation is not about smart remarks it is about survival.

Dave Berlet

5. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

You can sure tell who is from Ohio and surrounding areas in these kind of posts.

Funny thing is he didn't figure how much disposable income was lost over the last few years due the economy, lost jobs, underpaid jobs and the older people who supported this sport retiring from the sport and just plain interest in other types of entertainment......I suppose that would justify most of the loss in numbers and not in his best interest of continually degrading the ATA.

6. Robb

Robb Member

Anyone that can blow off the thoughts of someone like Mr. Berlet clearly does not care about the game or it's future.

7. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

Copied from the article.....

"The real legacy of the Grand’s move to Illinois is unfortunately in what it has done to registered trap- shooting as a whole. All concerned ATA shooters should check out the Trap and Field Average Book Target Participation page. In 2006, the number of registered ATA targets shot was 79,208,961. By 2011, the number had dropped to 61,562,330. A 33% drop since the Grand’s move to Sparta."

.....so the move to Sparta actually did this? I don't think so.

8. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Glad to see my name back up here, as Bill Clinton proved there is no bad publicity.

Terry Dean I am getting paid by Jack to be the tournament director for his shoots, he is giving me 2000 dollars, a cabin for the four shoots, and the end building where my wife Ann has her art. I made 1000 dollars 5 of the 6 years that I was tournament director for the Ohio State shoot and the other year I did it for free. I am not going to be Tournament director for the Ohio State shoot this year.

I have never received one dime of money from the ATA that I didn't win shooting, so how was I paid well for my talent? You sound like Obama when you make statements like that, envy isn't very becoming.

I stand by my article, why don't you write one and prove me wrong?

Brad Dysinger

9. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

Love him or hate him, it is difficult to dispute many of the facts in the article.

What I find most incredulous is the fact that the ATA refuses to admit that there is a problem. Forget about the Ohio/Illinois battle and how it taints the arguments on both sides. Look at the big picture. There is a problem.

Sticking ones head in the sand is not serving our membership very well.

10. OLD ONE EYE

OLD ONE EYE Well-Known Member

This is too simple to happen but my thoughts are as a Membership organization the EC should present their platform to the membership and we vote on the changes we like or dislike. Never going to happen but my first desire would be to shoot the grand in Sep or Oct along with other changes. Seems to me the members have no input or say in the decisions made. It's our money and dues we should have a right to vote on changes and proposed improvements. Everyone getting along is just a dream but majority by voting at least better than 50% are happy. I wonder what the happiness % is now maybe I am wrong don't forget we are only a part of the ATA lots of members do not look here.

Just my thoughts.

No flaming please I'm too old to fight and too old to run so what should I do now.

Buddy Walters

11. Dave Berlet

Dave Berlet Active Member

Terry Ohio, Illinois, North, South, East, or West this is not about location or the economy. This is about the survival of the sport that I have been close to all of my life and its survival. If you can't see that somewhere the A T A has a problem then just continue your thinking that everything is just lovely. I hope things can be brought back into line and our numbers can turn around, but if the members don't feel that there is a problem I believe the numbers will continue to slide downhill.

Dave

12. Brad Dysinger

Brad Dysinger Member

Pipe Layer, well constructed, thoughtful, and informative comeback. I see why you think you are ATA VP material. Brad

13. primed

primed Well-Known Member

"Love him or hate him, it is difficult to dispute many of the facts in the article."

If the numbers Rick N quoted are from the article, I have a hard time coming up with a 33% drop. Must be the new math.

Bob

14. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

When you can't beat Brad with a gun or facts-well-what's next!!

15. docbombay

docbombay Well known trouble maker

"If the numbers Rick N quoted are from the article, I have a hard time coming up with a 33% drop. Must be the new math."

Bob

Lol, you are right Bob. Rounding off the numbers it looks like it is down 25% to me.

But a loss of 25% should be some sort of a wake up call wouldn't you think?

Doc

16. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

itrapshooters gave Brad Dysinger a platform. He was asked to comment and he did. Bazooka Joe brought it to our attention on TS.com

The next 3 posts included negative comments toward Brad and his article.

So who started the negative tone? And what results did you expect?

17. Scott Johnson

Scott Johnson Well-Known Member

Gentlemen, I would ask you all to take a few deep breaths, we are all ATA shooters, correct?..............we sound like congressmen. United we stand, divided we fall, history has proved that in all things. We need to find common ground and not personally attack one another. MHO Scott

18. dds4horse

dds4horse Member

docbombay I think you gave my computer a BUG. os

19. scooterbum

scooterbum Active Member

Where is Brad's article?

20. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Scooter, click the link and read.

Hap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.