1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New Alliant Powder for 20/28 ga Target Loads

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Quack Shot, Jul 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

This powder looks interesting for the 20 and 28 gauge target loads. Of course the data is limited and there does not appear to be a bushing chart.

2. Big Al 29

Big Al 29 TS Member

What I find interesting about the 20g data is grains with the Remington primers are less than the Winchester and the Federal primers. In fact... the data shows more powder is used with the Federal Primers than the others.

It is usually the opposite from the 12g data I am used to looking at.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

Data looks like Unique. I used 15.5 for the perfect 20 guage load for years.

THis should be cleaner. Probably cost more too.

HM

4. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

From the article I read the powder really shines for the 28 ga. loads. A step in the right direction for the next generation of powders. At least thats what they are saying in the article. It should be on the market soon. They did not say what the price might be. Its not to different from 20 ga. powders already on the market. A good powder for skeeters since they use more 20 and 28 ga. powders than any other. Break-em all. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.