1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEW ADJ. LJUTIC

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by wbill, May 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wbill

wbill Member

How many of you have got one of the new adj.rib Ljutics? Would like to here about the pros and cons, likes and dislikes. I'm thinking about buying one but so far have not been able to try one.Is it a winner or is the mid-rib a better choice?
    Bill

2. wbill

wbill Member

3. bgf

bgf Active Member

Bill,

Not sure if you want hear this or not. I have a friend who is a AAA shooter. He got the combo set ooh I guess 9 plus months ago. He is have a heck of a time getting it dialed to match his old Ljutic with a PFS on it. And, of course, right off the bat the rib broke loose...back to the factory it went. I think he would love it if he could get it to shoot where he wants. He told me the benefit of the click stops on the adj. screw to go from 16 to handicap yardage does not seem to work properly the way it was meant too...and it should.

Take my observations as you will....

I have shot with him quite a bit and we have talked about his problems.

Bernie

4. wbill

wbill Member

Bernie, thanks for the comment, but I did not know Ljutic had an adjustable rib combo out. I'd like to hear more about this if I could. Bill

5. wbill

wbill Member

Doesn't anybody have one?

6. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Not trying to hijack the original question, but I wanted to observe here that the reason I bought Ljutic(s) in the past is precisely because NOTHING adjusts. I went through the K-80/Kolar nightmare ( for me...) where everytime I got into a bit of a slump, I tried to "adjust my way" out of it. That Don't work...!!! While I like Ljutics REAL well....if I wanted a shotgun that had a lot of adjustments...I woyuld have stayed w/ the K-80.
    Your experience may vary....
    Cheers,
    Don

7. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Don,

The gun doesn't adjust itself, just keep the nut behind the stock tightened and there's not much confusion with that! Have a good one!

8. Don Steele

Don Steele Well-Known Member

Justin,
    Of course...you're absolutely correct. This nut behind the stock with a K-80 in his hand is always wondering if another adjustment will provide that "perfect fit", or "perfect P.O.I."...instead of just learning to shoot it as it is. It got so bad for me, that I was "adjusting" the K-80 in the middle of a round...........arrrggghhhh....

9. Justin L.

Justin L. Member

Don,

Yeah, it can be tempting to move stuff around, you just need to take the fault when it's yours. Maybe only let yourself move it in the offseason? For you it might not have been yours or the guns fault, if you like a Ljutic, the unsingles on the K guns just might not work for you, it wouldn't be the 1st time. Personally, I'm that way, I don't shoot unsingles well, I either need a top/mid single or an O/U to shoot well. But, everyone's different, that's where there are so many choices.

To the original question, I've never shot one of the new Ljutic Adj. Rib guns, but I sure do like the way they feel in gun shops! It's a new gun, but it has to be a good one, it's a Ljutic. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.