1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New AA Hulls---stink

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by lumper, Sep 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lumper

lumper TS Member

Dang ... first it was migrating base wads in Rio's and now its problems with AA shells as well.

2. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

Sounds like problem is with the shooter and his reloading procedure, not the hulls.

~Michael

3. lumper

lumper TS Member

Michael ... possibly Phil has a bookoo boatload of game load and gun club hulls stashed in his garage at home and when he turns the world from using AA hulls he will begin offering his safe to use hulls and make quatrilzillions of quatloos from the sales.

4. Michael Jobe

Michael Jobe TS Member

I shoot a 12 ga 391 and a 28 ga 1100, AAs are all I shoot and reload. Three years, no bloopers, no seperated base wads, and hulls that are getting reloaded at least 8 or 9 times.

~Michael

5. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

For 30 years I've reloaded AA's. Old one's, new one's, every kind they've ever made. 100,000's of thousands, and with few (very few) exceptions I've never, never, never had a problem. As a matter of fact I reloaded 500 yesterday. Every one came out perfect from my Dillon. All I can say it's amazing so many people have so many problems with AA's and I never have. I must be very, very lucky!

6. Roger IL

Roger IL TS Member

Nuts!!!!!Roger

7. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Just got done loading 50 of 'em on my Spolar. Absolutely gorgeous and no issues!!

8. washandwear

washandwear Member

Hi

Will take new style once-fired AAs if you have any to throw away. Will pay postage!

Loaded 25,000 this year on a MEC 9000G without one issue.

Regards

9. ec90t

ec90t Guest

You can find all the new style AA's you want. All you have to do is look at the ground when you're out shooting next time. Hell you can find them all day long, but you'll very rarely see a Remington hull on the ground. If you do, it's all used up!

ec90t

10. oleolliedawg

oleolliedawg Banned User Banned TS Supporters

Darn tough to find any real hull laying on the ground at my club. Plenty of Estates, Rios and Gun Clubs though!!

11. ec90t

ec90t Guest

'dawg,

The word is out around this neck of the woods about the gun clubs/sport load hulls. If nothing else they reload them for flippers when shooting doubles.

ec90t

12. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

"Loaded 25,000 this year on a MEC 9000G without one issue."-

Might I just say, BULLFEATHERS!!!!!!!!!- I don't care if you're loading hulls sent directly from the Lord himself, somewhere, most likely more than once, you're going to encounter a problem of some sort within the course of 25,000 shells.

13. phirel

phirel TS Member

blizzard- I can't disagree with your logic. You did mention hulls sent directly from above. Do you know what type of shells he shoots?

Pat Ireland

14. phirel

phirel TS Member

brownk80- That is a heavy load with a lot of recoil. Does He use a Precision Fit Stock?

Pat Ireland

15. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

This peeing contest comes up 2 or 3 times a year. I might as well add my 2 cents to the pot. I've been loading the new AA hulls for the last 5 years, Average about 35,000 reloads a year. Load most hulls 6-8 times. I have never experienced a separated hull, missing base wad, or a loose base wad. I shoot them in auto loaders and hinge guns.

If your that paranoid, Maybe you should take up tiddly winks.

Jim

16. FarmerD

FarmerD TS Member

I agree, I load about 20,000 black and red AA's per year and other than crushing one once in while have had no issues with them. I've got several thousand once fired Gun Club hulls that I would be glad to trade you for them. I can stand the smell with out a problem. Richard

17. washandwear

washandwear Member

Blizzard

An issue is an issue is an issue????

Just liberal use of the term!

Regards

18. LeesburgGamecock

LeesburgGamecock TS Member

The bottom line here is that the new HS AA hull is a great hull to reload. Secondly, as has been mentioned, the failures you mention (bloopers) have to do with the person doing the reloading, and nothing to do with what hull the bad load happened to be loaded into.

19. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Pat,

I'm pretty sure that He uses sts's. He thinks the "T" is close enough to being a cross.

20. PILLMAN

PILLMAN TS Member

The only reason i stopped using AA's , the cases were splitting , had used them for 8 years

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.