Trapshooters Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

new 22 call EAA match gun I just bought

868 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  jetflightexpress 
#1 ·
What do you all think of hit gun? model 640. Indoor competiton. What .22 bullets to shoot? Eley? Wolf? CCI?

Anyone have blinders for my trap shooting glasses they would like send me via mail.

Stephen Chevalier
23 Grandview street
Florence, ma. 01062

Thanks.

#2 ·
I would definitely try the Wolf Match Target or Match Extra. Wolf also used to offer a Match Gold but I have not seen it lately.

The Wolf .22 ammo is made in Germany by the factory that used to make the ammo for the Soviet Olympic team. It is brass cased, loaded with Finnish VV powder, and subsonic.

I have shot many sub moa 100 yard 5 shot groups with my Ruger 77/22 Varmint (an early model)when the wind was still using the Wolf Match Target. I buy mine in 5000 round cases from Sinclair International in Ft. Wayne, IN.

The Match Extra is around $3.00 for 50 and the Match Extra is around $5.00 per 50 as memory serves. The Match Gold was around $10.00 per 50.

Ed Ward

#4 ·
jetflightexpress - Congrats on your new rimfire match pistol. Regarding your choice of ammunition, I believe that every match pistol has a specific type or brand of ammunition that functions perfectly for that particular pistol.

An excellent rimfire cartridge is the CCI Green Tags. They are standard velocity and they appear to function very well with a variety of pistols. My competetion rimfire is the Ruger MK II with the bull barrel. For some reason, this pistol really likes CCI Mini-Mags. No malfunctions, and if I do my job the ammunition will provide a nice group.

I recommend that you try a variety of different brands of ammunition and then determine which brand or type of ammunition will work best for you.

There are some other bulleye pistol dicussion threads on the net. Check them out and then make your choice.

Good luck!

Dave

#7 ·
Thanks all for the comments. Thanks, Bill, for the offer send blinders.
Snow, cold weather on the trap field- nice to go inside to shoot a few, too. I'm not afraid of the range, actually, I had my girl sitting in the car scoring for me while I was out there on my own shooting. So, i must tell you all, i love to shoot.

fyi- EAA is 26 inch match long rifle. HW model 660. typo in first email where I wrote model 640. Nice blue finish. anyway, much flashier than my beretta shotgun. lol.

Yours in shooting.

-Stephen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.