1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New 2009 Harley Street Bob

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Juno, Sep 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juno

Juno TS Member

I got a new FXDB tonight. I love it. I'm posting a stock pic of an 08 even though mine is an 09. Also mine is black. There has been a few changes this year. The rear fender is cut and the engine is silver powder coat as opposed to black.
    [​IMG]

2. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Have fun.

3. Fast Oil

Fast Oil TS Member

Have you joined H.O.G.? if not do and go to a local chapter. It will lead to the best of riding and friends.

Scott

4. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Juno, Nice Scooter. My wife and I are taking the Street Glide to the lake today. Since you bought a new bike, you will get a free 1 year membership to HOG. Try the local chapter thing. Great fun riding with new friends.

5. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Life membership is pretty reasonable.

6. Juno

Juno TS Member

hoggy, had a lot of fun today. Went on a poker run with a group of around 50 riders. Cy-Kick, like Dove Commander said I get a 1 year HOG membership with the purchase. I love the Street Bob! Sure is quiet though. Part of me just wants to leave it that way. Of course the other side........ I know one thing I've gotten spoiled with a shield. Thats the one thing I got to get. I have a long time to make changes. I'm going to take my time this time.

Juno

7. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

The exhaust has to be the first change. Out of the box it will sound like a Honda, Super Trap two into one for a couple years and now I have Vance & Hines bigshot longs. They are loud. You have to have Harley dyno it and tune it all over so I had a big bore kit with cam done at same time. Runs like an ape and is loud as hell, LOUD IS GOOD FOR STAYING ALIVE. I also put airhorns on it

8. letts

letts TS Member

Please keep the stock muffler.

Letts

9. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Yes..please ride safe...they've been scraping at least 4 to 5 Harleys a month off the roads by my house because its a favorite scenic riding area..and lots of them are folks way old enough to know better doing stupid things..Oh and yeah we like them quiet too because the groups stopping in our town watering holes love to broadcast their departure at 2am...very annoying..ice picks have been found to stop a lot of the noise ; ) happy riding from a quiet bike rider

10. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Juno,
    I've been riding since 1963. I always wore a full helmet (not full face) with the bikes I owned. I usually did NOT have a windshield except for a Goldwing. I later bought a couple of removable windshields for both WG's I've owned. About 3 years ago I broke down and bought a helmet that has the face shield that can be either up or down (not full face helmet). I have to admit I'll never own another helmet that does NOT have the up or down option. It's so much better than any wind shield. The only time I DO use a windshield is on trips. It helps keep the fatigue of the wind blowing on your upper torso. You might want to try one of those helmets before getting a permanent windshield. Permanent windshields look and work OK on baggers and other tourers but I don't think they are cool on our type bikes. Of course do whatever you like I just thought I put the idea in your head to try.

11. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

Hey cigar....what's wrong with a honda???

12. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

Juno, the removable windshield is the way to go. Check it out. Not sure how it would mount on your forks.

13. Juno

Juno TS Member

Ya, HD has a removable clamp on windshield. It just clamps right on the forks with no hardware left on the bike. Hoggy you're right, it doesn't look real cool but when I ride I like to be able to hear, see, and not get wind fatigue. cubancigar, I'm gonna wait a while before changing exhaust. When I do change it will be Vance and Hines. Probably black ceramic short shots as my bike is blacked out. CalvinMD, ran200, I don't drink alcohol so no need to worry about that.

14. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Guess I didn't say things right. I use a removable windshield when I travel. I usually don't keep it on and that's why I like having a helmet I can lower the face shield on.

15. Juno

Juno TS Member

No, hoggy, I hear ya. It's just I'm traveling up and down the freeway constantly. Plus I like the thought of the added protection in case something kicks up off a truck or something. In town riding I wouldn't use it.

16. JeweTW

JeweTW TS Member

Juno

Welcome to the Harley family, I have a 05 Wide Glide & I love my removable windshield. I live in northern IL & usually ride my bike all year round until there’s a lot of snow & salt out on the road or below 30 degrees. I don’t like wearing a helmet (my choose) usually a Do Rag. The windshield help with all the bugs around the farmers fields at night, also this spring I had 2 birds bounce off it. I have the Screaming Eagle pipes & when my extended warranty wears off I’m going to put on the Vance & Hines. Ride Safe

Tom Jewell

17. Juno

Juno TS Member

I was flying down some back roads this weekend, and there were millions of little yellow butterflies. When I got outta there if you would have called me yella you would have been right. I think I even had a couple for lunch.

18. hoggy

hoggy TS Member

Wait until you go through a swarm of bees, or gnats. But the worst is Locusts. Now they really hurt. bees hurt too and the gnats make just a horrible mess all over the front of your bike. They've been so bad at times I've actually had to pull over because i could not see through my face shield any more.

19. gdbabin

gdbabin TS Member

Enjoy your ride Juno. I used to ride mine much more before I started shooting trap a couple of years ago. I think my bikes are jealous of my 3200s...

The non-riding public seems to relish telling us who do ride all sorts of gruesome tales of crashes and such--some, but not all, with good intentions. If they understood us they'd know how much we hate to hear these stories--like athletes hate to hear stories about career ending injuries.

That being said however; do be careful and watch out for the non-riders, they are the ones out to get us!

You venturing to DELMARVA Bike Week??

Guy Babin

20. Juno

Juno TS Member

Two people started to pull out in front of me today. Then they just freeze, like a deer caught in headlights. I've got to get louder pipes. I wanted to try and keep it cool, but for the sake of a little thing called "staying alive" I'm definately going to make the change. Even if it's V&H slip ons. Maybe short shots with quiet baffles. Any ideas?

Juno

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.