1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New' 2007 "Stock Fitting Secrets" how-to info

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rollin Oswald, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rollin Oswald

Rollin Oswald Active Member

New' 2007

Well, the summer is nearly over for some of us and it would be a good time to review your last few months' shooting success.

>Have you improved over the summer?
    >Do you have any reoccurring problem targets?
    >Are you able to shoot consistently form day to day?
    >Are you using the same gun mount, stance and body posture you were using last spring? If not, do you know why you changed? Has it helped?
    >Are you using the same gun that you were using earlier? If it shoots better or worse, have you figured out why?
    >If you shoot registered handicap, are you at a longer yardage (assuming you have shot enough targets to make a difference) than you were earlier?

How is your confidence level? How sure are you prior to calling targets that you will break the next one? Do you do or say anything to yourself just prior to calling for targets to help you break it?

If you answered "no" to more than a couple of the questions, it might be time to do some thinking. Answers to the "whys" are valuable answers. This assumes of course, that you are interested in improving more quickly and that there is room for improvement given your other limitations.

We all have limitations. Vision is one of them as are reaction time and eye-hand coordination. What you can do to improve them is often limited.

Given that fact, how about the things you do that are not as limited? The two most obvious ones are stance, gun mount and body posture (shooting form.) These, you CAN do something about.

Trap shooting has a recommended shooting form, one that has been perfected over many years. For the vast majority of shooters, improving one's form offers the best chance to improve one's shooting most quickly and shoot your best with your level of experience.

To use the form however, you must know what it is and have a gun with stock dimensions that allow someone with your size and shape to use it. To a great extent, stock dimensions play a major role in the shooting forms that are used.

Have you ever noticed a shooter, not a new one but one who has shot for a couple of years, with an odd gun mount or a weird body posture? If you have, chances are it is caused by a gun that does not fit him or her.

Shooting form and stock dimensions can be corrected by a good, professional stock fitter or by learning the material in "Stock Fitting Secrets". The book details the correct shooting form, relates it to your size and shape and explains how stock dimensions interact with both. The book's more than 50,000 words and 70+ illustrations detail step-by-step instructions for making your gun fit for shooting trap or any of the other shooting disciplines.

Click on the URL above for more information and access to short excerpts from the book.

Rollin

2. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

New' 2007

Hi Rollin

I just ordered your new book. My old one is several years old. The updated illustrations is what promped me to order the new book.

Thanks again for a great product.

Bob

3. Rollin Oswald

New' 2007

Joe702;

No, I don't sell Pat's Custom Vests but I'm considering an exclusive franchise for a new, combination deer-tree-stand and tennis racket that's in the prototype stage. It will be the first produce of its kind ever marketed. (I'm very excited about it.)

N.J. Bob;

What... you were not enamored by my child-like drawings? I'm crushed! And after I used new, sharpened crayons, too.

You will like Jeff Meloy's graphics in the book. Jeff is a true graphic artist (and he doesn't even have crayons.)

Rollin

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

New' 2007

I like the book very much.

Pat Ireland

5. Rollin Oswald

New' 2007

Thank you, Pat.

Your opinion is very important to me and those considering ordering a book.

Rollin

6. maclellan1911

maclellan1911 TS Member

New' 2007

Rollin, I recieved your book late spring, Has help me and my wife. She was a tough fit. I now have her shooting very well for the little she shoots. she may shoot 5 or 6 rounds a month, shooting steady mid teens. If she ever really got the bug for shooting im sure she would pick off 24s 25s really quick. Me on the other hand look at my scores on ATA 0762593. I bought a new XT in Jan 07. shot poorly until I bought your book and patterned my gun. My scores have only been better. Had a tough time at Handicap last shoot 21 21 21 22 from the 21y line Was tired and hot. but did manage to win class with a 96. Have run 50 and 75 str8 since. the 50 run with my own reloads. looking forward to next year.

7. Rollin Oswald

New' 2007

I'm glad the book provided guidence, Mac.

Congradulations on your win. If you're like me, everything is a lot more difficult when it's hot.

Why wait until next year? After all, it's more than four months until New Years eve - lots of time to shoot, in cooler weather too.

Rollin

8. Rollin Oswald

New' 2007

I'm happy to hear you like it, Gary.

Rollin

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.