1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

New 2 piece K80 firing pins

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fly, Jan 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fly

fly Active Member

Has anyone had the update done to their K80? This fix will allow one to shoot program shells that have damaged the pins due to puncturing of the primer. (Kemen-Gun Club etc.)Sending mine to Krieghoff Monday and just curious.

2. claybrdr

claybrdr Well-Known Member

Can you shoot Cheddites? I don't but a friend's gun pierces them at a high rate.

3. fly

fly Active Member

that's what mess up the firing pins. This new fix stops the piercing.

4. B.C.

B.C. Member

K80's Have had two piece firing pins for years. Are you speaking about a newer style ? B.C.

5. fly

fly Active Member

i spoke with their service department last week on updating my K80 to allow shooting all types of shells. He referenced a 2 piece firing pin that is updated to solve the earlier referenced issues. It is 1/2 mm shorter than what is currently in my gun. I didn't know their pins were of the 2 pc design prior.

6. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

The model 32 I had had 2 piece pins, I think that has been the std krieghoff design for decades.

7. krieghoff80

krieghoff80 Member

I had them changed at San Antonio in oct..... 1st,3rd,and 4th.....punched through .....called them up and told them it diid'nt work......they know they have a problem.....the pins are too small in diameter ....the other problem are the makers of the primers .....they are trying to cut cost....as a result the materials being used are thinner.....I just use rem. or win. When I shoot the k-80s
    My seitz and lujtic ars don't puncture because of the large diameter pins....good luck, but don't expect much! I do hope it will work for you though....

8. DIXIE SPECIAL 25

DIXIE SPECIAL 25 Lifes too short not to shoot a K-80... TS Supporters

Use better quality components or ammo..problem solved.

9. Rebel Sympathy

Rebel Sympathy Well-Known Member

53 years (1959) of manufacturing Krieghoffs; all of a sudden, the firing pins are too small. Amazing.

Mike

10. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

K-80s SOP don't expect a fix soon.

Gary

11. fly

fly Active Member

The problem is finding AA-GM or STS at the sporting shoots. They all carry the program shells with hard primers.

12. fly

fly Active Member

That's a great tip, however i don't reload the 12 gauge, i shoot new shells, and all but the Premium ones listed above have hard primers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.