1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Never give up....

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Brian in Oregon, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    That's how I want to go. Wheel me out to my favorite hunting grounds.

2. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Touching Story, Thank You for posting it. Break-em all. Jeff

3. englishupland

englishupland Member

Tred Barta, a well know life-long hunter, and fisherman, and world record holder had a spinal stroke this summer...He was also diagnosed with a rare blood cancer at the same time, and was on chemo so he couldn't do the physical therapy, and is now paralyzed from the waist down...This is tragic to say the least..A true "active" lifestyle person....Lover of life, and the outdoors...When I first heard about it, I went through the whole "why would something like that happen to someone like that"....The outdoor life defined him, and you kind of need working legs to do that stuff.....I assumed he would be finished.

Defined him it did...But, working legs you need not!!.....His friends recently wheeled him right through the rough into the woods in his wheelchair where he harvested a large black BEAR with a long bow!

The human spirit is simply unstoppable if one chooses to unleash it....

4. ken a

ken a Member

I never liked his attitude on the previous shows but have to admire his spirit and wish him well.

5. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

What a dandy story!! I'm tickled for the old man and his family!!

Hap

6. kbarnes12

kbarnes12 TS Member

That is a great story.

My grandfather went to deer hunting into his 90s. Also he was like a teenager showing off his new Smith and Wesson shotgun he got when he was in his mid 80s because the recoil of his Remington Model 11 was too much.

7. Model Number 12

Model Number 12 TS Member

My dad,(who is 71) shot a nice 4-pointer on opening day in Vermont. He also had me (a youngster at 51) to drag it out for him. He was with me last year when I shot a bull moose in the Northeast Kingdom. He will continue to go hunting as long as his health allows and as long as he has somebody to go with.

Brian is right, I hope that this is how I check out when the good Lord calls me home to the Happy Hunting Grounds.

Mr. Warner is a very lucky and determined man. He has my respect and admiration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.