1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Never Frequent Cabelas ever again.

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by fssberson, Oct 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fssberson

fssberson Active Member

OK Terry... I like Cabella's so will make up for your yearly expenditures with Cabella's. Fred

2. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

Fred---Do you recieve the Hardback Cabelas catalogs?? My wife said they only send them to the people that are spending WAY too much there. Get one every year. LOL----Matt

Terry---How in the heck is it Cabelas fault for your accident??

3. RickN

RickN Well-Known Member

That's right Terry, a mans got to take a stand.

There's a bar-nightclub by me that I'm never going back to. They close down at 1:00 AM, which I think is way to early.

But whats really got me convinced to not go back is the fact that the 3 times I've been abducted by aliens, every time it's been on my way home from that bar.

4. grntitan

Rick---You too??... Thank God, i thought i was blacking out.---Matt

5. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

If you have not heard it all, you just have not been on TS.com

6. dhip

dhip Active Member

Sorry to hear about your raw deal at this Cabelas.However this same Cabela's is the reason I'm in trap shooting now.Almost a year ago I was introduced to trap,and on a whim drove to Hamburg to check out a couple guns.When I decided which one I wanted,and asked if they'd consider dropping the price a little,they didn't flinch.Bought and brought the gun to the club I shoot at,and each person that checked out the gun was slightly amazed I got that good of a deal at a Cabelas.The price I paid,every one to a T said I wouldn't lose any money on the gun.I guess,like car dealers,depends when,how and what kind of mood the people are in when you visit.

Doug H.

7. grntitan

I will say that Cabelas has donated alot of money an items to help with both AIM and SCTP kids shooting programs. They can't be all bad.---Matt

8. revbook

revbook Member

I too won't shop at Cabellas. No accident, no Aliens, just poor customer service.
    Don

9. Setterman

Setterman Well-Known Member

RickN, was the alien about 120 pounds, kick you in the butt and throw you in the shower before putting you to bed?

I have the same alien at my house.

10. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

400 miles to the nearest one from here so they're a non factor....

11. TrapCrazy

TrapCrazy TS Member

I agree about the customer service. I put over $30K a year on my cabelas black card and I never get and vouchers for them. I called and asked about it and they told me I didn't qualify. I said my buddy who doesn't have a job and spends nothing at the store or on his card qualifys and I don't. They told me they would honor the promotional voucher for me. I drove to the store and then they gave me the run around at the register even though card services said they set it up, the customer service counter wrote it in my notes, however it took a store manager and about 5 phones calls to authorize the $100 discount on a $1100 purchase. It was a week after my run in with BPS and the defective revolver. Needless to say I am done with superstores. Guns are more, customer service sucks and they usually never have what is on sale in the flyer. I use to really enjoy cabelas catalogs and getting stuff as a kid. I thought how cool it would go to one of there stores outwest. Now I have one 45 minutes away and it other than taking my son to see the aniamal thats about all the enjoyment you get.

12. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

I don't buy gas for my vehicles anymore. Ever since those SOB's started sitting in their chairs and wanting ME to pump my own gas! Who the Hell do they think they are!! WE'LL see who has the last laugh...yes in deed...

Oh, I need a lift to Birmingham??

13. grntitan

BigMJim---Next your gonna tell me they quit washing windshields and checking oil. I think its just you.---Matt

14. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    Cwy me a wiver. Cabelas sure beats Dicks, and Dicks is all I have nearby for sporting goods.

Fortunately we do have several gunshops in the area, so no need to buy overpriced guns.

15. BrowningPotato

BrowningPotato TS Member

I too spent a great deal of money on my Cabellas "club" card, between 30-50k annually. Last time I went up to the store in Dundee Mi. I tried to use my roughly $200 in points and their computers showed I did not have any points on my account. I explained to the lady that I just checked my account over the internet before I went to the store, there must be some mistake. I had to talk to about 5 managers at the store and another couple on the phone at the Cabelas "bank" before it got figured out. However, once it got figured out they said they could not get the points back on my account until the next day, which was extremely inconvenient because I live 2 hours away from the store.

No appologies even after I told them I was going to cut up my card and never shop at Cabelas again. I called to cancel my account and the lady asked why I wanted to cancel, I told her the story and still no apology, she just said "OK" and canceled the card. Havent been back since and will never go back again.

16. birdogs

birdogs TS Member

Use them for what they are good at. I wouldn't buy a gun from them. Not because I don't trust them but because I exspect better service than you can expect from a large chain.

17. cubancigar2000

cubancigar2000 Well-Known Member

I have one 3 miles away and never go there. They are just to frickin high

18. Catpower

Catpower Molon Labe TS Supporters

I go to the one in Ft Worth and they have been excellent in customer service and just all around business, guess it varies from store to store, they're building a new one in Allen Tx that's alot closer so I guess I'll check them out

19. bridgetoofar

bridgetoofar TS Member

I've purchased a couple of used guns through Cabelas. Never a problem, they do have a pretty good investory and they will deal a bit. No complaints here.

20. jbbor

jbbor Active Member

The bigger an entity gets the more problems it has with service. The cause; people. No one person or management group can micro-manage a business as big as Cabella's. That is why service varies from store to store. Cabells's supports our sport on various levels across the Country. They sponsor an event at the Texas State Shoot almost every year to the tune of $500 to $800 in gift certificates and merchandise. I frequent their stores at every chance I get and will continue to support them as long as they are supporting us. I do more business with them through their website than their stores. Jimmy Borum

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.