1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEVER AGAIN-------

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trapshootin hippie, Nov 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trapshootin hippie

trapshootin hippie Well-Known Member

Will I go to Wallyworld for the Black Friday sale, neverrrrrrrrrrr. Missed out on the 4 packs of ammo, weren't on sale here, or not at the time I was there.

2. kraiza

kraiza Active Member

It's not worth it. You don't save enough to get up that early for.

3. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

well, I hope you took the chance to snag some loaves of processed white bread at .89 cents each while you were there and if you were real lucky, there were some cans of Spagetti-o's left at 2 for a dollar, woohoo!

4. DON1911

DON1911 Member

Just got back from Wal-Mart. Winchester 12,3dr,1 1/8, 8's on sale at 8am for $18 per 100 pack + tax ofcourse, ended up was $4.84 per box of 25. In Florida. I bought several was no limit. DON1911

5. over the hill

over the hill Active Member

People short circuit this time of year, including my wife.

Just heard on the news that some woman had pepper spray to keep others away from an item she was buying..... Insanity....

Most of these so called ...On Sale Items... really aren't. You can get the same deals most of the year.

Bait & switch is in full swing.

Regards....Gerald

6. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

Notice which store was mentioned the most......As the saying goes, "If you can't get shot at Walmart you probably don't need to get shot". lol

7. The Literalist

The Literalist Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go through that if Elvis was handing out free flats of STS Nitros while Jesus played the accordian.

8. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I did it ONCE. ONCE.

Went to WalMart about 5 years ago when they opened on Black Friday and got my arse kicked by a bunch of snarling spandex pants wearing fat women. I didn't get one damn item and was glad to make it back to my truck alive. No BS either.

9. Ross

Ross Well-Known Member

Wellllll now maybe just "maybe"(probably) if Jesus was there I might chance it, & the free flat of NITRO's would just be the icing on the cake. Too bad they couldn't use a different location though. chuckle Ross Puls

10. dave-320c

dave-320c Well-Known Member

There are reports of a woman arrested for using pepper spray inside of a Los Angeles Walmart in order to get to the deals she wanted.

Better to reload.

Dave

11. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

Just got back a couple minutes ago. Was in Dick's for about 15 minutes, got 2 bricks of 22s on buy one get one 50% off (so really 25% off on each). Line was no longer than any busy wknd day (IDK why, but it seems like people gravitate toward the longest lines, when in reality, if you look around for about 15 seconds, there is usually one half the length or shorter a little further away).

Went from there to Gander Mtn to buy a gun case, was in there 5 minutes, and the store was as busy, or maybe a little less so than a busy wknd day. I was the 2nd person in line and it took about a minute and a half to check out.

I did drive by Best Buy last night at around 9pm to chuckle @ the idiots waiting in line. Must have been well over 200 deep, 3 hours before they were to open (and apparently the people are too dumb to realize that unless you are in probably the first 30, you aren't getting what you want anyways).

I've never seen a black friday sale for anything that I would be interested in that would justify any more time/effort than what I expended today. And it seems to me, for the stuff I'd have any vague interest in (which excludes all electronics, which are only purchased on an an "as necessary" basis), the black friday deals were not nearly as good this year as they have been in recent years.

12. Ajax

Ajax Well-Known Member

Thank you Lit. That's exactly the way I feel.

Ajax

13. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

I NEVER go to Wallyworld for ANYTHING.....life is too short to subject myself to that.....

14. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

Thank you 73 for reducing the size of the crowd in WM. BTW, what is "that"?

Of course most of the stories are about WM- dah, that's because WM stores outnumber the others by a huge factor. Funny how people try to blame black Friday craziness on WM. If WM were to unionize, most of it's haters would come to love them.

15. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

The older that I get ... there are fewer and fewer things that I am willing to stand in line for!

Saving $10 is not one of them!

16. John Galt

John Galt TS Member

You can say that again Ahab and add "fight crowds for"!

17. brdslayr

brdslayr Well-Known Member

Boo Hoo Hoo. More for the rest of us. Lots of parking, no line, lots of ammo, no line at the checkout. All this at 10:00 AM. Whats not to like. JW

18. Gold Medal

Gold Medal Member

Black Friday my aunt fanny! Try Black Thursday night.

I went to the local (central indiana) Walmart on Thanksgiving evening at 7:30pm for a merchandise return.

The parking lot was wall-to-wall. Looked like an Indy 500 crowd. Inside the store customers had set up lawn chairs and two of them were playing checkers. They all were waiting for the 10:00pm sales to start.

Amazingly no one was in the return line. I got my money back and got out of Dodge.

No more holiday eve visits. I can`t predict stupidity.

19. Sportshot

Sportshot Active Member

NEWSFLASH:

Bird slayer storms Walmart on Black Friday, buys all the ammo, leaves Trapshooting Hippy pissed.

Details tonight at 10:00.

20. Hal1225

Hal1225 Member

I got the Federals 7 1/2's shot too. Good deal $18.00 plus CT tax. Will use 2 boxes Sunday! I hope. Good Luck shooting.

Harry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.