1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nevada Trapshooter Passes

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trim tab, Dec 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Long time Nevada Trapshooter Raleigh Atkinson passed away Dec 11th. Raleigh loved to shoot and was a vendor at many shoots over the years.

2. Vickie

Vickie Member

So sorry to hear this. Raleigh was always happy to see everyone at the shoots. He was one of the good guys. Please let his family know they are in our thoughts and prayers.

God bless,

Tom and Vickie Larkin

3. RENOSTEVE

RENOSTEVE Member

Raleigh was a classic, a character in every sense of the word. I shall miss him a great deal. So happy Sam (his son-in-law) went into the Nevada Trapshooting HOF before Raleigh passed. Respects to the entire family. Truly, Steve

4. DeVille

DeVille Member

Linda and I are so sorry to hear this news. Our deepest sympathies go out to Raleigh’s family.He will be missed.
    Dex and Linda Tourville

5. shotgunr47

shotgunr47 Member

I'm saddened to hear about Raleigh. He had been my friend for many years. My respects to his family and son-in-law Sam who also is a good friend of mine. My life was made brighter by knowing Raleigh. He will be missed!

Jeff Jolley

6. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I'm sure I've seen Raleigh but I don't know for sure. Would someone tell me what he sold as a vendor so I can see if I can place him. Thanks.

7. Hilltop

Hilltop Member

I and my wife Karen are saddend to hear that our friend Raleigh has passed. I met Raleigh and his wife Jan at Double Adobe in 2007. He took me quail huntting . We both enjoyed his and Jan's company very much. We have kept in touch and will miss his friendship.. Our condolences to his wife and family..
    May you rest in peace my friend..

Allen & Karen Brackett

8. white rattler

white rattler Member

I am very sad to hear about Raleigh's passing. Jan and Raleigh were alway my 'go to' people for hats, tees and embroidery. Couldn't walk past his truck without rubbing the dogs. I shot with him a few times, he was a very nice man. condolences to the family. Trevor Dawe

9. merlynstrapguns

merlynstrapguns Well-Known Member

Our condolences to Raleigh's Jan and their family. Every trip to Tucson, Carol and I looked forward to visiting with Raleigh and Jan (and the dogs). When they quit vending, I bought the steps they used to get up on the trailer ramp for our trailer. He was also my advertising "cap-maker" for many years.

We will truly miss him. ...Carol and Merlyn Petersmeyer

10. Vince McNamara

Vince McNamara Member

My sympathy to Raleigh's family. I will keep him in my prayers. I always enjoyed talking to him about shooting, bird dogs and hunting.

11. The Greek

The Greek Member

Raleigh was certainly one of a kind!! I always enjoyed visiting with him and he will definetly be missed. Raleigh would always ask me for my Mom's Baklava receipe and I would tell him it was a secret Greek Family recipe and couldn't be given out! Our prayers and condolences to Jan and his family.

John Vosnos and Dawn Worthington

12. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about this. I shot with Raleigh many times in MT. I will miss his smile.

Rick in MT

13. Pocatello

Pocatello Active Member

I had the privilege of shooting on a squad with him several times - what a gentleman in every sense of the word! He also was a consistent supporter of youth shooters at the Pocatello Gun Shoot over the years.

14. hose 'em down

hose 'em down Active Member

A real great guy and always willing to help. At Double Adobe, Raleigh introduced us to the best deep fried turkey we ever had. Proud to have called him our friend. Our prayers to Jan.

Ernie and Lana Pink

15. 1brucem

1brucem TS Member

He was a honorable man and I always was glad to see at a shoot. Bruce

16. mallard2

mallard2 Active Member

Always fun to see him. "The Man" in Elko, plus a great guy everywhere.

17. bas

bas Member

Raleigh was a great guy and we will miss him. Our condolences to Jan. B&R

18. BobHoukOregon

BobHoukOregon Member

RIP old friend. You will be missed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

dawn worthington vosnos