1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nevada City, Ca. ATA Aug 25-26

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Klay_Buster, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Welcome to Grass Valley / Nevada City. We are holding another ATA just like last month. Saturday 300 doubles, 100 handicap. Sunday 100 ea singles, handicap and doubles. For a small three trap club we have had outstanding scores. Many 100's in singles, 99's,98's,97's is the Caps. We usually punch 5 to 7 deep with only 35 shooters. Doubles have been 99's and 100's almost every shoot. So if you want a place to break great scores, come visit us on Aug 25-26. We are about one hour NE of Sacramento on hy 49, one and one half east of Reno on hy 20.
    Saturday is $18 per hundred, Sunday is $24 per hundred and includes sterling silver awards and buckles fron Hugo Hake.
    Weather has been in the mid 80's, no wind, just wonderful shooting conditions.
    This will be our last shoot this year. We start 08 with the Winter Chain shoot April 12-13.
    Anyone who wants to presquad or needs directions can phone me. 408-202-9798 (cell)
    Hope to see you in Nevada city. Regards, Dave

2. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Someone called and ask for start times. Register starting at 8AM shooting at 9AM. Normally Saturday is a little slow getting the first three squads filled. We start three squads at the same time. Shoot back to back 25's, then rotate one field to the right for the next two 25's. If your on the same squad for differenmt events, then you end up shooting a different combination of fields for each event. We throw green targets against dark green pine trees.
    Directions from hy 49. Take the Gold Flat exit, midway between GV and NC, follow it one mile to the stop sigh at Gracie. Turn right on Gracie, go 1/2 mile and you will see the club sign at the corner of Banner Mountain Trail,
    Take BMT about 200 yards, club on the left. Group dinner Saturday night at the Willow. It's two miles north of NC on hy 49 (not hy 20) on the left. We have reservations for abuout 16 people. Special is steak,ribs,ect.
    Regards, Dave

3. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

4. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

5. poacherjoe

poacherjoe Well-Known Member

6. poacherjoe

7. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Thanks to all the 36 shooters that attended.
    Scores were great. Dave Kelly 297 of 300 doubles Saturday. Sunday several hundreds in singles. Handicap, John Hobson 99 also a 98 and 97 in the cap.
    Great weather. Now arn't you sorry you didn't attend. Dave

8. poacherjoe

Thanks for the GREAT shoot Dave! I drove 3 hours to get there and it was worth it! Fantastic club and GREAT people.Everyone that has a chance should go next year and experiance it for yourself.Buy the way this was also my first shootoff and victory!!Thanks again for putting on such a good shoot.See you next year
    PJ

9. srvfan

srvfan Member

Hey poacher Joe congrats on your first shoot off win!!!!!!
    Did you shoot off for the singles "C" on Sunday?
    :{
    Paul

10. poacherjoe

Hey Paul would that be my opponent in the shootoff Paul???Thanks for the congrats.Come on over to the money shoots this friday night.I will let you have a chance at revenge!!!Also I will be cooking up some more BEAR sausage!!
    LOL PJ

11. srvfan

srvfan Member

Yes this would be the correct Paul from Sunday shoot off.........
    Cant make the friday shoot honey does you know. I will get out there
    soon though sounds like too much fun. See you later.
    Paul
    p.s. By the way how does the money shoot work?

12. poacherjoe

Paul: The money shoots start at 10 pm ,The targets are raised so more shots may be fired if someone misses.All those entered line up at the 28yd line .The first man in line calls for the target and if he misses the next guy in line and so on shoots until it is out of sight or is broken.If the 5th guy in line breaks that target then the first thru forth that missed it are OUT.You would be wise to bring some high base #6 for the long shot.2 dollar entry fee and the winner gets 1/2 the pot.Sometimes there are 30+ people in the squad.If you shoot out of turn you are OUT.Prior to the money shoots you line up 8 per squad and take 8 shots from 8 stations,Afterwards if say 3 people went straight the leadoff guy takes a shot from where he chooses and you play follow the leader until someone misses.Yoy may win a $12.00 walmart card or whatever type of meat(Tri-Tip or Steaks)or 3 shoot tickets worth 4 bucks each.They also have buddy shoots where you team up with a friend and do the samething as the 8 men squads, Say you and I are teamed up and you call for the target and miss, I being your buddy have to break the same target or we are given a loss,Again no shooting out of turn!I hope this is enough info and I will look forward to seeing you there.PJ PS Are you thinking about any ATA shoots this weekend??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.