1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nelson Pad-A-Juster information wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Citori Shooter, Dec 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Hi folks,I am looking for information on the Nelson Pad-A-Juster if anyone here has one or has seen one.The Country Gentlemen web site (www.gunfitter.com)does not really show much of a picture of how it adjusts and they also have a length of pull version that they show no picture of at all.I started shooting a winter league and have been having trouble hitting targets with the increased LOP caused by wearing heavier clothing and am looking for options to alter my gun by either putting a LOP adjustable pad on or by having two different pads cut with a thicker one for summer and a thinner one for winter.I have looked a the Hart and Graco LOP (non-recoil reducing)versions but wanted to see what the the Nelson LOP and their standard pad plate looks like and how it adjusts before I decide.Also,I am currently shooting a gun that has a mercury recoil reducer in the butt stock so let me know if the Nelson would be compatable.Thanks,Bill.

2. Big Jack

Big Jack Well-Known Member

I'm sure Nelson can fit your request for two back plates fitted with different thickness pads. I have their adjusters on two different guns and I haven't found any problems with either. I got a little heavy handed tightening one once and Jerry sent me a new inner plate upon request. My fault but he stood behind it. Couldn't beat the service!

Big Jack

3. Mirage Combo

Mirage Combo TS Member

wilehunting

I have Todds pads on my gun one summer one winter.

unscrew one screw on the other pad and plate takes about 2 minutes.

4. BAP

BAP TS Member

I have only seen one of the adjustable legenth of pull pads but I have 11 Nelson Pad Adjusters and love every one of them. Just get him to make you 2 back plates with differnt pad thicknesses on them. Great people, great service, and a great product. bill Parson Jr.

5. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

Dixie Trap,Do you recall how it adjusted for LOP?Was it like a Graco or like a Hart?Thanks.

6. Robb

Robb Member

Any work that Todd does will be perfect and you will be happy.

7. ronbo142

ronbo142 TS Member

One of the best systems on the market, top quality work and a execlent student and teacher of the clay targer sports. Recomend that you give him a call and setp up a personal visit when he is on the road.

Ronbo

8. MGeslock

MGeslock TS Member

Here are a few shots of the LOP that I had the Nelson's do for me.

You unscrew the plate and the shafts screw in and out. There is a small rib that stays in the slot to keep it locked in place.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. country gentleman

country gentleman Member

Mr. Wile
    Glad to answer any questions you may have concerning your gunfitting needs. 256-762-6559 cell Now is a good time to get your work done as I am home till after Christmas. Thanks guys for all your nice comments and for going to the trouble for photos. Many thanks. God Bless. Merry Christmas and good shooting. Todd

10. Citori Shooter

Citori Shooter TS Member

To MGeslock,Thank you for all the great pictures,I really appreciate it.To Todd,I emailed you and Jerry at the email addresses listed on your website and yours was never answered and Jerry's came back undeliverable.I will drop you an email at the one you listed here.Thanks all.

11. WoodsonEnt

WoodsonEnt Active Member

wile,

Todd Nelson is a friend of mine and we vend at some of the same shoots together. Todd does great work and is a great person! You will not be dissapointed.

Matt Woodson

12. 3357

3357 Member

Todd installed his adjuster and a pad, and cut a comb for me at the grand this year. His work was flawless and the price was very reasonable. He is also a nice guy. If you read the back of his buisness card you will also find that he is traveling man. Jess Reed, pm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
country gentleman gunfitter
nelson adjuster

nelson pad adjuster

nelson pad adjuster country gentlemen
nelson pad adjustor
nelson pad-a-juster
nelson pad-adjuster
the country gentelman gunfitter