1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Nellis Air Force Base Nevada ATA Shoot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by trim tab, Apr 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Registered Shoot, May 4th and 5th, Nellis Air Force Base Nevada. 9:00 a.m. start with 8:00 a.m. Sign Up and Practice. $30 targets, $5.00 from each entry to trophy purse, divided lewis style. Divided 3 places 100%, $10.00 Lewis Option - Separate divided 3 places 100%. Ties divide

May 4th 100 singles, 100 Handicap, May 5th 200 Handicap

Use the "Truck Entrance" to the base which is on Las Vegas Blvd. North directly across from the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It is marked. Proceed past Guard Station and Gun Club is on the left.

Look forward to seeing you there.

2. 391 shooter

391 shooter Well-Known Member

Let me get this straight, they are going to let people drive Onto an active Air Force Base with shotguns and ammo, past the guard station, with the shotguns, then go to the range?

I gotta be reading this wrong?

3. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

There will be somebody from the Club at the Gate checking ATA credentials etc as well as the Military. They shoot out there every Wednesday-Sunday Trap and skeet.If it is your first time, you will give them necessary info to input. This is the truck gate and does not get a huge amount of traffic and not much at all on Saturday and Sunday.

4. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

As a past member of the club I can tell you it's not a hassle to get on the base, and it's a nice shooting venue. Also, anybody who shoots sporting clays shouldn't pass up the chance to shoot the course - it's a unique experience.

5. grunt

grunt TS Supporters TS Supporters

6. Hap MecTweaks

Hap MecTweaks Well-Known Member

Trim Tab, do you have more dates planned for ATA shoots at Nellis? If so, please post those also? I plan on visiting LV in a few weeks and would love to shoot at Nellis, ATA would be a bonus.

Hap

7. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

Hap, that is the only shoot right now. Getting into summer with the heat, but will post other shoots as they become available.

Thanks

8. Hap MecTweaks

Thanks TT!!

Hap

9. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

I have shot sporting clays there and it is fun....No hassle at all..

10. Tugboat

Tugboat Member

You might even get to see some UFO's in the Nellis area.....Yeah, I know,bad joke.. Enjoy the shoot...

11. warren

warren Member

I've attended shoots at Edwards Air Force Base no problem I will say the guard was much better armed than I was

warren

12. trim tab

trim tab Active Member

I am sure there wil be a little noise in the air and you can call it "The Sound of Freedom"

13. Hap MecTweaks

My very first ever registered ATA shoot was at EAFB in May 1970. That was the first ever registered shoot held there also! I won trophy's my first time out at EAFB and loved shooting there. I'd hoped to get to shoot at Nellis also but just can't make it for this one, bummer. One day though!!

Hap

14. beaker100

beaker100 Member

i have not been to nellis in many years but was always great for trap and skeet...used to have a winter chain skeet shoot there... i would love to be there but a long way from linn creek, mo...lol...best wishes on a good shoot doug hubbart gunsmith/colorado custom cases

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.