1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Young puts it in perspective.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Tailbuster, May 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

I think Lynard Skynard said it best, "I hope Neil Young will remember, a Southern man don't need him around anyhow".

john

2. biggreen

biggreen TS Member

Actually Skynard was very kind and restrained with those words.

3. Finprof

Finprof TS Member

Quote:" No one will stop him from returning to Canada if it doesn't suit him here"

Neil Young is a Canadian who lives in Vancouver and has his recording studio there. I am sure that there are also Mexicans who complain about the US also.

4. buzzgun

buzzgun Member

America has been good to him...where else can a person with a nasal voice, who plays guitar like he's sodomizing a pig with a masonry drill, become rich and famous?

5. Dove Commander

Dove Commander TS Member

If he's Canadian, and lives in Vancouver, who gives a s#%t what he has to say?

Entertainers should try to entertain, not be political scientists, or jet pilots.

6. X2 fan

X2 fan Active Member

He doesn't live in Vancouver. He lives in No. California.

Tim

7. ljutic73

ljutic73 Well-Known Member

you can keep him...we don't want him back....maybe someplace midway between California and Hawaii would be just about right. And if he lived in Vancouver, that would explain alot too....there's plenty of whacked out old potheads livin' there...

Big Ron

Alberta

8. jimx200

jimx200 Member

Woodside?? Jesus H. Cristo, you could not find a more expensive, uber yuppie (I like saying that), BMW 750i/Birkenstock sandle/Kerry for President/Uphold Roe v Wade/I don't trust my govt./peace symbol/granola/soy munching/I support transgender rights/PETA/et., than Woodside. Beautiful place south of S.F., but they don't believe in the USA and any sort of Freedom! Oh, and if you don't think/act like them...well it's hate speech and off you go to diversity training camp. About 30 years ago, the place was owned by conservatives...then gay rights hit, and every freak with a big inheritance moved there. What a waste of scenic property. There are probably more kids with 2 mommies there than in Copenhagen or Amsterdam. Ok, I'm done.

9. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Buzz,

Now that one was funny.

all the best,
    john

10. ANTRIM UDF

ANTRIM UDF TS Member

Don`t buy or listen to his music. Vote with our pocketbooks. But then again, he is just an entertainer. Yeah, he should go fly a jet, over the ocean. Search at eleven.

11. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Yeah, like I'm going to listen to 5min. of that. I made it 2min. He keeps saying " our ". Is he even a citizen? His whole career he has made a living by being anti- government/ anti- establishment. Alot of his early stuff is about American Indians and how the "establishment" mistreated them. If I remember correctly, he is part Indian. Or, at least, claims to be.

If he is a citizen, he became one AFTER VIETNAM. Wouldn't that be convenient? He hates everything about " the establishment ", yet he owns all of his property in this country, and resides here. Hmmmm. That's also convenient. He's been against every millitary action that America has been involved in since he's been alive. I wonder if he was against WWII? Or maybe the Revolution? Probably not. He benefitted from those wars, so they were o.k.

By the way, that song sounds like a third grader wrote it for him. Actually, I shouldn't insult third graders like that.

Brett D.

12. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

Check out these short clips on you tube. They will crack you up!!

Doug

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QZgDVx2gZUI&mode=related&search=

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRofCCEn3mg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xRofCCEn3mg

13. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

AS far as Lynyrd Skynyrd and Neil Young ( southern man don't need him around anyhow)....it was parody. They were good friends...Ronnie Van Zant & neil young.

14. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

That sure is not the way that I heard it, crab.

15. jimbob

jimbob TS Member

Buzz, that's the funniest post I've seen all week. Kudos to you! LMAO!! I'm suprised old Neil can even form a thought in that smoked out brain of his.

16. scottheid

scottheid TS Member

Crab, Ronnie Van Zant was no friend of neil young. Scott

17. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I was heavy into Skynyrd years ago, fan club, the freebird neckless and all that and through it all and after watching them on TV giving interviews about Neil, that was what they themselves said during the interviews and the chat from the fan clubs. Don't forget that was back in the mid 70's I think. Something may have changed after ( I know Ronnie and others died )that but the lyrics were parady on Neil. Band members even talked about it during interviews.Him & Ronnie were friends, not sure how "all the band members felt " but thats the way I heard it back then.
    Hey guys if you can "prove I am wrong, I'd like to know the real truth then. This was what I was told & heard. If you have solid proff I really would like to know the who, when, where and why of the whole Neil story.

I am only saying what I heard from the lips of band menbers giving interviews that made it onto the Tv.

Not trying to stir the pot or cause hard feelings with anyone.

Where can we find out for sure ?

18. Tailbuster

Tailbuster TS Member

Crab,

follow the site above. Looks like it was a response song to Young's Alabama etc. At the bottom there appears some thought that they were actually friends too.

all the best,
    john

19. K-GUNS

K-GUNS Member

I've been searching the internet all day/night and like you I come up with info that said 50 % say they were friends and about 50% say they were not. Since Ronnie and a few original members are long gone ( dead ) I guess there is no way to prove it either way at this time.

All I know is what I saw & heard myself on Tv interviews, but there is no way to really know if they were telling the truth or not. Sometimes they will say what is necessary to sell or promote.

My personal feelings after watching it all ( tv interviews and shows )and listening, is that they knew each other very well and did horse around with each other in many ways.Even good friends get pissed at each other sometimes but they usually get over it & remain friends.

For now I will let it rest. Friend or foe, Ronnie & Skynyrd was and still is one of the best bands there ever was.Their music lives on threw brothers Johnny & Donnie and the remaining group members.
    As for Neil Young I never did like his music much. A few songs were Ok but he never did move me at all.

20. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Crab,

I can't say for sure where I saw that they weren't friends, but I thought that it was one of those " Behind the Music" things on VH1. Can't swear to it. I do agree that their music up to the early 90's was great. However, it's my opinion, that since they've put religion and this country theme into it as of late, that it really sucks. Again, just my opinion.

Brett D.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.