1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Winston - Versalite vs Figure 8 wads?

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Avaldes, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

I am currently loading Green Dot and I noticed a lot of guys really like the Versalite wad. I load with all Remington factory parts: STS or Nitro 27 hulls, Remington primers, Remington Figure 8 wads and STS magnum shot. These loads make me very happy in their singles and handicap forms.

I was wondering if Neil or anyone had ever patterned Versalite vs Figure 8 wads in a handicap load with GD?

-Aaron

2. Avaldes

Avaldes Well-Known Member

And I try to duplicate the factory loads, so 1150 for singles and 1235 fps for caps.

3. EE

EE Banned User Banned

The only pertinent question is, have they been patterned in YOUR gun?

EE

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Aaron, I've never seen a Versalite wad as far as I know. I believe either Dan or Bob posted some good-looking (pellet totaled - that's all that counts) results with them a couple of years ago.

I'm personally an agnostic about all of this wad stuff. In fact, I'd like to post 20 patterns, 10 with a hallowed piece of plastic, 10 with the other, dissed, and see who could match the pattern with the wad.

I've used just what you do, a lot, but AA/WW/Red Dot/Green Dot/Federal/ too and never thought there was any difference.

Neil

5. Jack Frost

Jack Frost TS Member

I load Versalite and Green Dot for Nitro 27 handicap performance and I am quite pleased with the combination.

Here is my load for singles: STS hull, STS or FIO 616 primer, Fig 8 Downrange replacement wad, 19gr Green Dot, 1-1/8oz magnum shot. Seems to work just as well as factory STS lights.

Here is my handicap load: Nitro 27 hull, STS or FIO 616 primer, Downrange Versalite wad, 21.7gr Green Dot, 1-1/8oz magnum shot. Seems to work just as well as factory Nitro 27's.

I have even loaded the handicap recipe with Winchester WAA12 wads and found no difference from the line.

J.F.

6. Dave P

Dave P TS Supporters TS Supporters

Fred: I salute you for your service. Dave

7. racer

racer TS Member

I've been cutting my wads in half to save money. Same thing with my pills...
    nad

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

neil winston green dot recipe

niel winston green dot

niel winston green dot recipe