1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Winston POI

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by shootsome, Dec 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shootsome

shootsome Member

I've seen the Neil Winston method of determining point of impact talked about on this forum. Is the method available somewhere. I just bought a new Beretta Gold E combo and would like to determine where it is shooting.

2. Buckeye

Buckeye Member

Do a search and you should find the threads.

3. setter

setter Member

Email:
    Date: Sun, Mar 02, 2008 - 05:46 AM ET
    Website Address:

Handlepuller- Shoot several tests and use a rest. It is too easy to pull a shot off the target without a rest. Eighteen inches high (+-100%) is high but many shooters shoot guns that have a POI similar to this.

Multiplying the number of inches high at 13 yards by 3 is not a bad estimate of the POI. A bit more precise estimate would by the inches high at 13 yards times three, minus 3 inches (fall due to gravity) plus three times the distance from the center of the bore to the front sight.

4. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

I put an old thread back up, shootsome. It's a pretty easy way to tell what's going on, generally speaking.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

trapgun poi neil winston