1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Winston - Marketing ?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by jimbotrap, Aug 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

Dear Neil - Has the ATA hired a replacement for Stacey Hodkey? And since we are on that subject has a new Executive Director be hired.

I would believe these very important items and considerations for the ATA membership. - Jim Elliott

2. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

3. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

Need to read the ATA website more often.

4. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Try looking in Trap & Field.

Don

5. WilliamMR

WilliamMR Active Member

A couple of weeks ago, I had some time so I decided to look at our club page on the ATA website, to see if the info was correct. I mocked up the existing club page and emailed it to Mindy Greer. By the afternoon the corrections were made. I then noticed that the map to club was listing a location in Mississippi. We are in Indiana, but located on a Mississippi Street. I emailed Mindy that night and she corrected it in the morning. No need to MAKE A DEMAND!

Either this is standard procedure for the ATA, or Mindy has a thing for me.

Bill Radwan

Glen Park Izaak Walton - Merrillville, IN

6. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

The ATA sent out letters to every club, asking for the updated information. Including GPS coordinates, not many responded.

Some clubs have a P.O. box, and then a separate physical location. They have had the ability for over a year now to separate out these addresses. The clubs do not respond.

I personally have contacted 5 people who have posted shoots on this formum, asking for their programs and results, so that I can post on the ATA home page.

I have had 2 people respond with the program, and only 1 of them responded with the results,

We really need the clubs to take an active role on this, if you know of information that is not accurate regarding a club, please send it in to the ATA. You will be amazed at how fast they update it.

We have a plan together to give you a search option, for shoots, without the required club information, this plan will not succeed.

Please contact any club you know, and get the updated information to the ATA, also remember to get any programs and results.

Barry

7. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Barry - to whom do we send a program to? What format should it be submitted? We have a shoot over Labor Day and I'd like to see it get to the ATA site.

Thanks in advance -- I appreciate the work you have been doing. Great job.

8. bbourdage

bbourdage Member

Browning4me,
    If you send the program and results to programs@shootata.com they will update ASAP.

They can take any format, pdf is best.

Please remember to send the results right after the shoot.

Barry

9. scott calhoun

scott calhoun Well-Known Member

The info for posting programs and results can be found at - of all places - the ATA website.

I've seen a lot of bad info in the club section, but never once did I think it was the responsibility of someone sitting in Vandalia to investigate, verify, and/or correct incomplete information submitted by clubs.

Scott

10. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

I heard Carson Woods is coming back to the ATA main office!

Curt

11. jimbotrap

jimbotrap TS Member

I guess I am missing something. But I fail to see where a new director of marketing and communications has been named. Or do I see anything about the progress on hiring a new executive director. - Jim

12. starshot2b

starshot2b TS Member

Jim, I couldn't find any "announcement," however, if you click on the link, you'll find the information (names/replacements) you were looking for. I believe a "formal" announcement will be forthcoming with regards to the new Executive Director (as mentioned by Neil Winston in a couple of other threads).

Scott - yep, it's right on the front page on how to submit a shoot program. I missed it. I normally only do things with the column on the left.

Barry - thanks for the info. I may have trouble getting all of the results though. Will work on that.

13. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Why would the ATA be interested in removing a club's name, I wonder. The family shooting center link did give Doug's phone number; you could have called him. Or just Googled "family shooting center colorado" and gotten your information in well less than a second. If the name were not on the ATA website, how could you have found it? Sometimes, tw2, you have to help yourself just a little. The ATA will soon have the staff to do what you want; for years it has not.

Jim, Nick Aycock has been named marketing manager. He worked closely with Stacey for years, and has already handled several tricky situations with great success. He'll do well in his new position, especially since he is willing to put in the twelve-hour days the jobs often requires.

Neil

14. scott calhoun

Titewad -

Do you have issues with reading or with comprehension?

Just above it was posted that all clubs received letters and some even received personal calls and very few chose to do anything about it.

If they aren't aware/don't care that the info is incorrect in the first place, what makes you think they will ever be aware/will care that it was removed?

Specific to your example, you indicated you found a name/address/phone number but the map was not pointing to the right place. So you believe the best thing to do, all in an effort to promote the sport, is to remove all of the correct info because it's not 100 percent correct?

Scott

15. scott calhoun

Titewad -

It wasn't personal, I just honestly couldn't understand why you would post what you did if you read/understood the prior posts.

If the club no longer exists, chances are the mail would have been returned. I suppose someone could still be collecting it and just throwing it away, but I'd suspect not. Barry indicated he had personally spoken to people, so there's no chance the club did not reply because it doesn't exist.

I'm an IT (computer) guy, and I'd take a wild guess that when the "new" ATA site was put together it wasn't done from scratch (I wasn't aware we had a new site, just a site that is constantly being improved, but call it what you will). I'm still not clear how the correct information could have been entered if the ATA didn't have it.

Scott

16. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Clubs which send in data will find themselves correctly posted on the ATA website. Others may or may not, but it's up to them. With the name available, as it always is, it generally take only a few seconds to get whatever information you want.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.