1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Winston is making his presents know.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by ec90t, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Neil Winston is making his presence known.

I would like to say Congrat's and good shooting to our own Neil Winston for a day of fine shootin' at the Minnisota State shoot. He whipped up on them Saturday and hopefuuly do the same today.

ec90t

2. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    I'm disappointed. I didn't know Neil was giving presents away, and I didn't get one.

3. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Yea Brian, I had a spelling snafu earlier. Would you know anything about that? Lol. I corrected it, but no one will notice till they click on the thread.

ec90t

4. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Okay people,

Can we put aside my spelling and grammer errors and say, "Congrat's", to Neil on his shooting accomplishment?

ec90t

5. t-bar

t-bar Member

Good job Neil, Vet Winner with 199, and Congrats to Bob Munson the Mn. State Sgls Champion 200 and 50 in the shootoff.

t-bar

6. t-bar

t-bar Member

Congradulations to Scott Gens the Mn. State Hdcp champion. 100 straight from the 27 yard line.

t-bar

7. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Congrats to Neil. I guess all of that technical stuff pays off.

Ed Yanchok

8. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Ed,

Maybe he borrowed all of Recurvey's RADAR equipment? Lol.

ec90t

9. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    OK, all in good jest. As requested...<br>
    <br>
    Congratulations, Neil!

10. TC

TC TS Member

Congratulations, Neil. Good job!! Tony

11. joe kuhn

joe kuhn Furry Lives Matter TS Supporters

Way to go Neil.

12. foghorn220

foghorn220 Active Member

Good shooting Neil

Foghorn

13. Trapshooter

Trapshooter Well-Known Member

Great shooting Neil. Todd

14. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

Thanks, everyone. It's the best singles I've shot at the State Shoot in 15 years and the best in five years anywhere. There is indeed always hope for all of us!

I shot with Edie Reynolds, ATA youth director, and she will confirm that I clearly flat-out aimed at every target. The "glowing" sight I've switched to makes it easier and in many ways reminds me of the years I used a red-dot scope recently popularized here by Joe Kuhn. Mechanical problems drove me away from that after a couple of years but the simplicity of the present one may allow me to stick with it.

Also on the squad was Doug Sundberg who shot his usual 200 (Remington 3200). He does this about every year with a couple of hundred additional practice targets annually. I'd like to know how he does _that_!

Scott Green, winner a couple of years ago, again put his 870 in the shootoff, eventually taking runner-up. It reminded me that the best (tightest) patterning gun I've ever tested was a 30-inch full 870 tube I pulled out of a stack of similar-looking ones in my garage. Maybe Scott's on to something . . .

Bob Munson eventually prevailed for the Championship in a short shootoff and I can't even estimate how many times he's ended up winner over a field packed with talent which is getting better all the time.

There were many 200's in spite of the moderate wind which blew all day. Clearly, the target setters at the Minnesota State Shoot did a bang-up job and deserve a pat on the back as well.

Neil

15. mercedesman1981

mercedesman1981 TS Member

Good Shooting Neil.
    Additionally, I wanted to thank you for sending me the URL of the great description on short range patterning you sent me in regards to a question I had earlier on that subject and for pointing out a few things for us new-comers.

Mike

16. recurvyarcher

recurvyarcher Well-Known Member

Neil Winston does, in fact, use a tracking device, but it is his very own. When it works well, it uses 6-degrees-of-freedom, working by measuring the position (x, y, and z coordinates), and the orientation (yaw, pitch, and roll) with respect to a reference state.

The reference state is taken at the instant the target is seen ("outta the house"). In terms of hardware, Neil uses the following three components : a source that generates a signal (light waves that carry the image of the target), a sensor that receives the signal (Neil's eyeballs), and a computer/control box that processes the signal (Neil's superhuman brain).

Congratulations, Neil! Make sure you defrag that computer periodically so you can keep on winning.

17. ec90t

ec90t Guest

Now that's funny:~)

ec90t

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.