1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil---Coaches Question

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Jim Porter, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Porter

Jim Porter Well-Known Member

Neil--You made a statement in another thread that the ATA, which I have NO complaints with, is looking at helping establish a support program for coaches to try to help retain shooters. If I read this correctly, how do I get information? I am definitely interested.

2. Neil Winston

Neil Winston Well-Known Member

In the December meeting of the EC, Bill Poole Jr. presented the NRA program for coach, and downstream, shooter training. The ATA has gotten behind the NRA plan.

Bill emphasized that the aim is not to just train safety and basic, basic skills, but rather to train competitive shooters, people who with stick with trap (or skeet, sporting clays, rifle, whatever) for a career of participation.

The ATA is starting with it's youth training program, but the trained coaches will not just be able to teach kids, but, as Bill made clear, people of any age.

My personal hope is that, in time, there will be a lot of competent coaches to whom a new shooter can go, not only to be put on the right track at the start, but as he or she develops, can use to get more skilled, more competitive.

Jim, the first coaches' clinic will be at San Antonio in mid April, and others will follow, organized by the ATA's youth training director, a new post.

You can get your information right here, with a search for mcd as poster, an example is above.

Neil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.