1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Negrini Gun cases

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Browning Boy, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browning Boy

Browning Boy Member

I was thumbing through the December Trap & Field and saw an ad for Negrini gun cases. I was interested in the 2 shotgun case # 1646-2F/4756. Anybody own one. I'm trying to put my 2 shotguns in 1 case.I use extended choke tubes in a 34" barrel this case seems to give you extra room for extended choke tubes. Is this a reliable case for $399.00?

George Ware

2. 548

548 Guest

MIA on this site is a dealer if I am not mistaken. You could do a search for MIA and Negrini and come up with some of his threads, then pm him your needs.

3. citadel

citadel Active Member

I have a number of these cases and they are very nice but somewhat expensive. They are not as tough as the new Perazzi case or one of the very strong SKB cases that you can buy on line from a number of suppliers in just about any configuration you want.

The weak point of the Negrini case from my perspective is that the locking system is not nearly as strong as either the Beretta, Perazzi or the SKB case. I take guns around by air quite a lot and always use the Perazzi or SKB case or an Americase which is made out of metal. I do not use the Negrini for that purpose as I have a concern about them popping open.

Doug

4. Baber

Baber TS Member

The Perazzi cases are made by Nagrini. I have two 2 gun Perazzi cases and live them. More room than a combo case.

T

5. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

I wouldn't dream of spending $400 on a plastic Negrini case when you can spend the same $ on an Americase and have something that will actually protect your guns.

My gun survived this riding in an Americase, I doubt it would have in a plastic case. Americase was totaled, gun was completely undamaged:

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/Skeet_Man/?action=view&current=39796_1391872911755_1080091095_30869102_6409955_n.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

6. Baber

Baber TS Member

I agree that the Nagrini case is not something I would trust to the airlines but to and from the range they are great.

T

7. Nutso

Nutso Member

I have a semi auto case, which I bought from MIA, it's a very nice case, great for car transportation, but not suitable for airline gorilla's.

MIA has the best prices, and customer service.

8. JACK

JACK Well-Known Member Supporting Vendor

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These are airline cases. This is the modern version of the Perazzi Combo case.

Thanks fo rth support guys.

Jack

PayPal, I can ave it out MOnday

9. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

I bought a Negrini case from MIA a year or so ago. I have a Kolar Americase and a Warwick case (new and bagged). For years I used another Warwick case to go to and from the club. I don't travel to shoots nor do I fly with my trap gun. For going to and from the range, the Negrini is more than adequate. It's not nearly as heavy as either the Americase or the Warwick.

Gene in Illinois

10. Allen Chubb

Allen Chubb Active Member

Gentlemen,

I have logged countless airline trips throughout both North America and Europe. I travel with either a Negrini two gun case or a one gun slim line case. I put these cases in a padded cordura Perazzi backpack with a TSA lock on it. These cases are highly durable and rugged. The padded backpack adds a little more cushion and contents uncertainy for the baggage handlers. I've travelled in the past with an Americase and it's just to darn heavy. One of my friends that travels with me frequently on our European trips and owns an Americase wishes that he had a Negrini case.

I've recently been in their factory and this is a top notch operation with excellent customer service. Yes, they are not cheap, but you get what you pay for. If you'll spend good money for your trap gun, then another $250 is not a lot to pay for a top quality case.

Happy New Year,

Allen Chubb - President - Chubb International Shooting Sports, Inc.

11. dls guide

dls guide Member

Compared to Americase, they are Junk in my opinion (plastic). I have had 2 Blazer cases that had the butt stock strap pull out. The strap was held by a little plastic washer. They are lightweight, but I will use the metal cases to protect expensive guns. Negrini is too expensive too.

12. JLYON

JLYON Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

i am a stocking dealer for negrini gun cases have them ready to ship to you.Jim

13. JACK

Dls guide. and others that might have the concern re the strap pulling out. The strap only pulls out when you cinch it down tightly. Just make sure the recvr/buttstock rests against the bottom of the case and gently wrap the strap. the reason they pull loose is that the momentum weight of the recvr/buttstock works at the rivet when the unit is bumping down the road standing up right. Just do it loosely and it will not pull out nor sustain damage to your gun or case. And lay the case flat when you have a choice.

Jack

14. dls guide

dls guide Member

Jack, So it is my fault that the straps pulled out in both Blaser-Negrini cases. If Negrini would use a metal washer to hold the strap rather that a cheap plastic one, the strap would not pull out! I fixed mine with a copper rivet, a metal washer and some Gorila glue. Much stronger than the original. You know I have never had to fix an Americase yet and I told Blaser that for such an expensive gun they sure used cheap cases. Daryl.

15. JACK

Buy a better gun. Buy a Perazzi.

DLS. I thought I was relatively informative. Pick on me when I deserve it.

I was trying to be helpful.

16. MrRojo

MrRojo TS Member

George,

PM Sent

John

17. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

What kind of polymer is the Negrini made from?

18. Bill J Boyd

Bill J Boyd TS Member

guys
    i will never say anything bad about any of the cases on the market because they all fit a particular need... all i ask is check out our site boydsafecase.com
    after Paul Sedwick died i took over sales for the company that made his Warwick cases. we completely redisigned them making them bigger and stronger two years ago and are continually listening to the shooters to tell us how to make them better. they are made here in wisconsin and have a lifetime guarantee.
    thanks
    Bill Boyd

19. Barry C. Roach

Barry C. Roach Well-Known Member

I've never owned a case marked Negrini but have one Perrazi that came in a case made by them. I have used it for air travel but I stuffed it in a golf bag case and surrounded it with foam. Great camouflage and protection. Other than the bother of messing around with the golf bag case and foam this allowed me to carry a much lighter load from hotel room to car to room.

20. mx2k33

mx2k33 Well-Known Member

Here is just what you're looking for at a reasonable price.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
americase vs negrini
negrini case review

negrini cases

negrini gun case reviews

negrini gun cases for sale

negrini or americase for shotguns
negrini shotgun cases
used negrini shotgun case