1. We have added the ability for anyone to 'bump' threads that they have created. This is mainly useful in the classifieds area where posters constantly bump for sale threads to bring it to the top. This allows them the ability to do that without having to clutter the thread with extra 'TTT' and 'Bump' type posts. To bump it, go inside your thread and click on 'Thread Tools' at the top, then select 'bump'. You can bump only once per 24 hour period.

For more detailed information please see this post: Thread Bump Functionality.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Needed - Mid Controls for Harley Sportster

Discussion in 'For Sale- Members only' started by Remstar311, Jun 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

Howdy-

I just put a set of drag bars on my old 96 Sportster 1200. It is a touch uncomfortable with the forward controls. I would prefer to have mid controls anyway, but have always used the forwards. I don't want to get pull back risers.

When I bought the bike the mid controls did not come with it. Do you have some collecting dust?

Email me or pm what you would like for them. I would appreciate it. I think all of them up til 2003 will work.

Remstar311 at yahoo dot com

Thanks,

Nick

While were at it lets see your bike!
    [​IMG]

2. xringjim

xringjim TS Member

0   0   0

Nick, in most cases you should have little problem trading straight across for that mid-control set up. I say this because the extended controls usually cost quite a bit more than the original set up. Contact some of your local bike shops. Machanics in the shop almost always have a line on the original parts.

3. Mike

Mike Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

I have mid controls from a 05 Sportster, but I see you say 03 and earlier, Mik

4. stillmisses

stillmisses TS Member

0   0   0

Contact Verdow Motorcycle repair, fort Myers Florida
    239-332-1477. He has thousands of used, new, nos, building and trailers full of parts. open Tues thru sat closed sun/Mon. Ask for Joe Joe, he is the parts man.
    Knows pretty much whats there.
    Mike T.

5. FLIP

FLIP Member

0   0   0

i have mid controls for a 93 i will trade you or if anybody has forward controls for a 93 ?

6. 320090T

320090T Well-Known Member

0   0   0

My forward controls with drag bars handles nicely, maybe you need more rake.
    [​IMG]

7. JohnR

JohnR Active Member

0   0   0

Can't help you with the mid controls Nick but nice Sportster. I still have mine I bought new in 01, had it out this morning.

[​IMG]

8. Remstar311

Remstar311 Member

0   0   0

I think more rake would be just what I needed. Nice bikes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
further forward mid controls sportster

harley sportster mid controls

harlley sportster controls
mid controls on sportster
sportster mid controls

sportster mid controls for sale