1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Needed: hydraulic system or automate

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by birdtracker, Jul 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birdtracker

birdtracker Active Member

I have a torn muscle in my shoulder. I use a MEC 9000 to reload off of. I will not be able to pull a handle again. Was wondering about hydraulic or Automate. Any advantage one over the other.Anybody have something they are looking to get rid of or allow me to try? Thanks. Don

2. Chichay

Chichay TS Supporters TS Supporters

Don,
    The hydraulic switch is foot-operated, it leaves your left hand free to load a hull in station #1, while your right hand puts the wad in station #3, and as your foot operates the down switch, it leaves your hands free to pick up new components. The automate requires both fingers pressing on two separate switches simultaneously to operate it (after loading hull and wad); hence it is slower BUT quieter and has a smaller foot-print. By design, it is also safer. Cesar

3. IndyJohnO

IndyJohnO TS Member

9000H Hydraulic

4. Didreckson

Didreckson Active Member

It sounds like you already have a Mec 9000, so the AutoMate solution will fit on your current loader. I don't believe the 9000H will fit up to an existing manual loader?

There are pluses to both, but the AutoMate is a much smaller foot print, quiet and works very well. The hydraulic would have the foot control, allowing both hands to handle hull/wad.

Either will make life better for you.

5. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

Don, only the automate will work with your current reloader. The hydraulic loader is different that your current one. Go to Mecreloaders.com and see for yourself.9000gn hand one/or automate and 9000hn is Hydraulic type. break-em all. Jeff

6. birdtracker

thanks for the info. The loader I use has had at least a million shells thru it. Noise, foot operation and being able to attach to my current loader is all important. But a new loader isn't ot of the question either. Don

7. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Don, I have an AutoMate for sale for your 9000. The unit is nearly new and is ready to ship. $650 to your door. I also have a 9000G that has about 10K through it that is for sale. Lots of accessories, bars, bushings, primer tray has been updated. Package deal $800.00.

Thanks,

Richard Luckett

520-907-1895

8. birdtracker

Richard: I have bought stuff from you previously with great sucess. I am leaning towards a hydraulic and probably a new machine as mine is worn out. Thanks. Don

9. Too Bad

Too Bad TS Member

Don if you change your mind, we can make a deal to meet both our needs.

Thanks,

Richard Luckett

10. Paladin

Paladin Well-Known Member

"The automate requires both fingers pressing on two separate switches simultaneously to operate it (after loading hull and wad); hence it is slower"

I believe MEC's software requires the two buttons to be depressed while the unit is on the down stroke ONLY, for safety no doubt. You grab another hull and wad during the up stroke, so if the Automate is slower, it's because of the difference in cycle time. I wouldn't want to reload shells any quicker than the speed of the Automate though.

With the original Automate, the two buttons were depressed once, and it did it's job.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.