1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Needed: Cash for Clunker Shotguns Program

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

Now that the Obama administration has approved another $2 Billion for the Cash for Clunkers automobile program to stimulate the economy, I think it's time to extend that program to other consumer purchases such as shotguns.

Just think how many people would trade in their old clunker shotguns for a $3,500 allowance on a new shotgun. I've got several old clunker shotguns that I would gladly accept $3,500 for as a trade in on a new Kolar or other fine shotgun.

Of course, many of the fine shotguns are made overseas just like many of the cars being purchased under the Clunker program, but that's apparently no problem for the Obama administration. Heck, I wouldn't even care if they shredded my old shotgun and melted it down like scrap iron as long as I got my $3,500 (or better yet $4,500) for a new K gun or P gun.

Wonder who we would have to contact in the Obama administration to get this new program started?

Easystreet

2. grnberetcj

grnberetcj Active Member

As our Vice Prez (Jeau Biden) is from my state (and yes I would not wish that on my enemies), I'll send him a note and see if he'll back this fine idea.

Curt

3. markdenis

markdenis TS Member

Contact Milkbone. He is on this site all the time praising how wonderful it is to get FREE money from the government!

4. Hitapair

Hitapair Active Member

Obama has already dramatically increased the sale of guns just by being in the Whaite House so I think you got a tough sell on that new stimulus program!!

5. senior smoke

senior smoke Well-Known Member

I HAVE A REM 870 TB, AND A JC HIGGINS FIELD GRADE THAT I MIGHT TAKE $3,500 FOR EACH?
    steve balistreri

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

SOLD!!!!! (pending funds...)

checks mailbox, any day now....

7. oletymer

oletymer Member

They are coming up with a program. You have to buy a 11 or 13 ga. shotgun though.

8. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    But.... that's not how it works. You can't trade in a beater NEF or JC Higgins shotgun and get $3500 cash for it. Nope. You have to trade in a K-gun you bought in the last ten years on a more expensive and better performing gun. Nevermind that someone could have bought that J-gun and used it to retire a Mossberg trap or an old 870.

9. bill1949

bill1949 Well-Known Member

I've got a $129.00 Russian single shot Trap Gun I'll let the government crush for $3500.00...Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.