1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

NEEDED Best 1oz load for HCP

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by RHAT, Mar 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RHAT

RHAT Member

I'm looking to try some 1oz load for handicap 25-27 yds I have a spolar loader,.. and use STS hulls anybody have any thoughts ???

2. timb99

timb99 Well-Known Member

Look in the Hodgdon load data for Titegroup powder.

With Remington TGT-12S (or the Downrange clone) and Remington primers, you can duplicate the Remington Nitro 27 1 ounce handicap loads.

3. chipking

chipking TS Member

I would recommend my lazy mans loads. 1 primer, 1 hull, 1 wad, 1 shot size, 1 powder. On my Spolar I load CCI 209, Rem Hull, Downrange DRRT12, 1oz of West Coast Magnum #8s and either 17gr of PROMO for ~1150 fps or 19gr of PROMO for ~1250 fps. I use the lighter load for everything except Handicaps and the heavier load for Handicaps. If you go to 19.5 of PROMO with this it should duplicate the Nitro 1oz Handicap (1290 fps)very well.

--- Chip King ---

4. brewmaster

brewmaster Member

You did say you wanted the best, and I think that the best is any load stuffed with PB. Take a look at the data using the TGT12. If you don't have any, the white figure 8 will close because of the volume of PB. No pressure and all the speed you want with solid percentage downrange.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.