1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Needed an anchor

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by 635 G, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 635 G

635 G Well-Known Member

Could have used an anchor yesterday shooting caps @ the dollar. The wind was pushing me around quite a bit---however; never had so much fun shooting lousy. Our squad was shooting at major league knuckle balls.

Phil Berkowitz

2. likes-to-shoot

likes-to-shoot Well-Known Member

That same scenario could be observed at any local gun club across the USA.

I've shot some good scores in the wind with my eyes watering and then the next time with no wind and bright sunshine couldn't hit the ground if I tried. LOL

3. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Shot Annie's on Saturday in 25mph gusts and 30deg w/o wind chill factored in. Wind was at our back. I won 2 out of 3, but I'm definitely ready for some warmer weather in WNY.

4. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would imagine "Anchors" are available in Floida, so whats the problem ..? WPT ... (YAC) ...

5. shotgunpeople

shotgunpeople Active Member

Phil,

I have one auger style anchor in my shed. Shall I bring it down in December for you ? I have added plenty of weight (Trapshooters physique, so I don't need it any more. LOL "Shooting Lousy" is my middle name, I think I will fit right in down there.

Blizzard, we will be arriving in Western NY after spring thaw for the summer. If it isn't above 70 degrees up there, we will be delaying our arrival.

Dave in SC

6. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

LOL At Dave in SC. At this rate I'm hoping we see 70 by July. See you when you get here.

7. Beni

Beni Member

hey blizzard where you shooting annies in western NY I would like to try beni

8. blizzard

blizzard Active Member

Beni- 5 Point Rod and Gun in Wyoming, NY. It's not a regular thing. We had a steak lunch for our in house winter league that was wrapping up. Just did some shooting games for the heck of it. Couple of bucks a man to get in. However, we are putting together a one day event for sometime early this summer called, "The 5 Point Challenge". Final details to come, but so far it's looking like 50 skeet, 50 trap, and a round of 2 man flush. You bring your 5 man team and the lowest scoring team member for trap and skeet sits out the flush. Cost per team details to come.

I don't know how far away you are from us but if you had people interested in Annie's or other games it's an idea I could put the word out on in this area. There's a ton of smaller clubs in this area. Anyone is welcome for the 5 point challenge. The more the merrier !!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.