1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need your prayers-Storm hit Sparta(WSRC)area today

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by SD Trap Family, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SD Trap Family

SD Trap Family TS Supporters TS Supporters

Nasty storm came up and hit the shooting complex and area. Did hear of a few injuries so please keep those in your thoughts/prayers.

Storm did go through very quickly and brought some nasty winds and rain during the Doubles event.

I can not imagine they will finish Doubles today.

As far as the shootoffs for tonight I will keep you posted on what I hear. If they do happen I will be sending live(from the stands) updates.

Bud

2. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

Thursday's just seem to be the stormy day down there...

3. SD Trap Family

I am heading out to help pick up. WOW, so many people out helping as I drove back from the main building.

They are announcing that they will finish the event as the weather has moved through.

More updates later.......

Bud

4. chipking

chipking TS Member

According to my buddy Rick (PTR to his friends) it tore up banks from about 7 through 27 with wagons picked up and dumped in the road and scorers seats in the median. Pic he sent from his cell was scary.

--- Chip King ---

5. Dr. Honk

Dr. Honk Member

Just talked to my buddy Mike. There were a couple of 5th wheels that were blown over and he was battening down the hatches for a second storm that is on the way right now.

I hope everyone will be OK.

Doc

6. blade819

blade819 Well-Known Member

Bud...you take care of those two sharpshooters. Be safe if you're going outside!

blade819

7. SD Trap Family

Just got back inside. Second round did hit. It is hitting us right now. LOTS of raining and lightning right now but not the wind. Still rather nasty.

Thanks again for all the concerns and prayers. We will do our best to help out those in need from this.

Bud

8. gasman03

gasman03 Member

Stay safe SD Family!!!

9. UpNorthMN

UpNorthMN Active Member

What it looked like from near the grandstands as the folks were called off the line. Scary stuff.

David

[​IMG]

10. pyrdek

pyrdek Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago I got to the Grand just after the big storm (of THAT year) hit and everything was pretty much shut down. Never did get to shoot except for one practice field they opened up just to test things. Inside the buildings there was a couple of inches of water on the floor. About the only things open then was the Remington gunsmith, the ATA store, the main building and one food vendor in a trailer. The restaurant was open but it was packed to overflowing.

How did this storm compare to that earlier storm? From the pictures, it looks like this one was more damaging.

11. Charlie Becknell

Charlie Becknell Well-Known Member

I was at both. This was worse. All pota johns on east end blown over. Old trollies blown around. Scoring stand went by my truck like a jet ski. Lost our 2nd tent, thankful nothing worse. Saw ambulance and firetruck, unsure of any injuries. Grounds are a mess.

Charlie

12. Allen-MX8

Allen-MX8 Member

I was on Bank 25 when the storm hit and WOW was it fierce! I sat in my pickup truck and it rocked back and forth and, yes I prayed to our Heavenly Father, I wasn't hurt. I saw one of the toilets "sail" from its spot to accross the road before it over turned! One "trolley" was blown from the line to accross the road and it hit a parked small pickup and it in turn hit a small car. Rain was so hard for a few mins I couldn't see anything much out my windshield even with the wipers going.

I only got to shoot two posts on the Doubles before we were called off the line. Doubles will finish Friday at 8:00 a.m. but unfortunately I couldn't stay the night due to no hotel room and business back at home.

The only thing good for me was I broke a 97 on the Handicap but I don't think I won any trophies though. Might have hit an option or two.

Thanks to all who prayed during the storm

Allen

13. trapwife

trapwife Well-Known Member

Friday morning.....sun is shining and it is promising to be a beautiful weekend.

14. N. J. BOB

N. J. BOB Active Member

Thanks karla .....

15. greta500

greta500 Member

Friday, it is hard to believe how fast the grounds and traps were cleaned up after the mess

That was here yesterday..".....thank you to all who helped .....

Greta Cesario and John DEISHER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

sparta wsrc