1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need your opinion with trigger issue!!!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by truthseeker, Dec 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

My trigger is having problems firing the first (bottom) barrel.

I have tracked it down to a couple of parts.

One of the parts is the part that touches the rear of the right sear (#157 below). The right sear is held up by this part until you pull the trigger (which pushes the left sear up) and then it fires and causes the part (#158) to go backwards and swith over to the left sear.

Well, where the sear rests on that little shelf of part #157 when I pull the trigger the part #157 just slips off the rear of the right sear (instead of puching the sear upwards) causing the hammer not to fire. If I put pressure onto the rear of part #158, then it works like it is supposed to.

Now for the million dollar question.

Do I need a new one of part #157 or do I need a new spring in the part #158 (which is #167 in the picture)?

[​IMG]

2. Dr.Longshot

Dr.Longshot Banned Banned

Just very lightly file the top that engages the sear. Must be a Browning as I have had to do this. Check for dirt build-up under the trigger before proceeding any further.

Use a small flat diamond file, a machinist gave me one.

Gary Bryant
    Dr.longshot

3. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Thanks.

Actually it is a Perazzi.

Anyone else have any input?

4. rennerize

rennerize Active Member

Try installing a new spring first.
    Don

5. vdt

vdt Active Member

it sounds like the angle on the sear is not the right angle or needs to be cut deeper to hold the tree in place so when the trigger raises the tree it holds the sear and the sear releases the hammer

6. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

That ^^^^ is correct, but does this happen from wear and tear a lot or is this uncommon?

Also, like I asked in my original post, if this has happened to you in the past, how did you resolve the issue?

7. dflo

dflo Member

I had this happen. Parts 156 the trigger cracked causing the tree to be slightly lifted and messing everything up.

Dale

8. Trap2

Trap2 Well-Known Member

I'm sure perazzibigbore will jump on soon to answer the question. Personally, I would take the spring (167) and stretch is out just a little to increase the pressure on the tree. Re-assemble it and try the trigger. If it works as it should, a new spring would be in order. If that doesn't work, I would NOT file on the trigger myself. I would send it to Giacomo and have the trigger tuned as it should be. This is NOT a common problem on any Perazzi trigger I have ever seen..... Just my opinion.. Dan Thome (Trap2)

9. GunDr

GunDr Well-Known Member

The spring is not the issue. Either the notch cut into the rear of the sear is not square enough to hold the "tree" or the surface of the tree that contacts the sear is not at the right angle.

The problem should be able to be corrected without replacing anything.

Doug

10. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

Can someone point me to where I can acquire a new spring (part #167) for my issue?

I think I will try that first.

Thanks!

11. trapshooterjoe7

trapshooterjoe7 Member

Why don't you send the trigger to Gun Dr. he will fix it right for you..Joe

12. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

This scenario occurs when either (1) the "tree" #157 has either been filed or worn down such that it slopes down from the rear to the front, and/or (2) when the sear has either seen some unusual wear or someone has filed the underside rear of the sear at the wrong angle.

I would opt for a new tree.

Check my above website as I have these items (trees and connector springs), and install them quite often.

Jim "Whiz" White<BR>
    S&W Supply Co., Inc.

13. Palos shooter

Palos shooter Active Member

Truthseeker

Send the trigger to Whiz White.I am sure he can fix it as he has done some for me..
    He has a good turn around time and has the parts in stock.Better yet give him a call and see what he recommends.

14. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I just tried puching out part#171 to get to the spring and it will not come out.

I was trying to puch it out from the right to the left as viewed from above the trigger.

Am I doing something wrong?

15. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

The truth is somewhere between Doug and Jim.. While easy to fix.. it needs to go to a professional.. While the parts might be able to be saved.. maybe not.. All Good.. Mike

16. truthseeker

truthseeker Member

I just sent an e-mail to Whiz White, so I will let you guys know what the outcome is after it is fixed.

17. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Put me down for $1 on the tree..

18. whiz white

whiz white Strong Supporter of Trapshooting Banned

Pin 171 HAS TO BE DRIVEN OUT to remove the Connector. You can drove it out from either side; makes on difference.

You need the proper punch, as yoo do NOT want to elongate the hole with a too big a punch.

Whiz

19. Rastoff

Rastoff Active Member

Trigger groups are expensive. Fixing them can be inexpensive. Stop fooling around and send it to GunDr. Doug will fix it up right and not over charge you. You will get it back quickly.

Before I would send it off, I would make sure there was no buildup on the sear. That is the #1 cause of failure in triggers.

20. PerazziBigBore

PerazziBigBore TS Member

Guys.. while I'm happy to help any of you concerning a Perazzi.. Triggers need to go to a Professional.. With the exception of installing a hammer spring..(which can need fitting)..and despite how simple a Perazzi trigger appears to be.. PLEASE let someone who KNOWS what they are doing look at your trigger..

At the GRAND.. I see the results of "let me try it first".. Often it makes an expensive job out of a cheap,simple one.. Let Dan,or Doug,or Whiz or Phillip.. or any of our talented triggersmiths have a look at it.. You'll be glad you did.. All Good.. Mike

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.