1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Your Help. Shooting Ranges and RV Space

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Rob-C, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob-C

Rob-C TS Member

Okay so I’m looking for some help. I have never seen a list of shooting ranges with RV spaces and hookups listed in some type of data base available online. It sure would be convenient to look up a range and see if they have RV spaces or not. Maybe they have a KOA nearby or other camping ground that would convenient. What I’d like to do is travel across the country staying at shooting ranges and of course shoot at each facility. This would be the shooting sports version of Good Sam.

Already done? Not a good idea? What’s your opinion?

If I get enough positive feedback I’d like to start a web site dedicated to doing this and I need your help.

What say you? Send me an email if you like and we can discuss this idea or help.

Rob Charny - trapshooter@hangtown.com

2. bcnu

bcnu Active Member

Pretty much any club that hosts their state shoot will probably have camp sites available with water and electric available and almost any club should let a shooting camper have some primitive space. Most all clubs are shooter friendly.

Sounds like a great way to cross this great country. You might want to read osme of the old king of dimes series in trap and field.

John

3. BIGDON

BIGDON Well-Known Member

Check the ATA web site for the various clubs in the area you want to go. They list camping facilities if they have them and contact numbers to reserve.

Don

4. shot410ga

shot410ga Well-Known Member

I did that rather often, after I retired. For about a year my wife and I traveled in a 38' RV. I stayed at a lot of nice gun clubs, mostly for nothing or very little. There use to be a guy that wrote a series travel esseys in T&F or Shooting Sports about doing just that. Mostly, I just looked up clubs on the ATA website and called ahead. I never had a problem. As a matter of fact, people bent over backwards to let me in or out early or late. Even on closed days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.