1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need Voice activated release suggestions

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RickA, Jun 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickA

RickA Member

Our club is looking into purchasing a voice activated release for the trap range and I was wondering what you guys had for suggestions on what to use from your own experience. We have a Pat Trap in the one house and you'll have to forgive me but I cant remember for the life of me what the other machine is.
    Will the same release work for any machine or are they model specific. Any help is much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rick Ault

2. Beretta687EELL

Beretta687EELL Well-Known Member

IMHO Canterbury Wireless. Bill Malcolm

3. j2jake

j2jake Well-Known Member

I too shot the NC Sate shoot and did NOT like the ERAD. Bothersome to put on and it always seemed to leave the field with me. The Cantubery wireless has never followed me off the field. Jake

4. phirel

phirel TS Member

ERAD is a good system but can be complicated. There are a lot of different buttons on the transmitter and they can be programed to do many things. For example, the transmitter can be set to throw only 25 targets. This is a way to keep up with practice rounds. But, they can be complicated.

Canterbury wireless can do a good job but placement of the receiver can be critical. The configuration of some trap houses results in less than desired results.

The Canterbury wired system is very reliable and simple until a wire breaks right at the microphone. Replacement/repair of broken wires is simple. They do have a lot of wires on the ground and moving the microphones for handicap can require an additional few seconds with the wired system.

I have used all three systems with great success and a few irritating problems.

Pat Ireland

5. ric3677

ric3677 Well-Known Member

bothersome to put on?......what's worse, putting the alligator clip on your shirt or vest, one time for the entire 125 birds, or watching and moving the stands on the Canterburys at the very least 5 times per trap. Not to mention the extra targets thrown by a (do I dare say Hog caller?) Or when someone sees a piece of your target and suddenly the whole squad is talking....the canturybury are throwing targets til everyone finally shut up or the Kid/scorekeeper shuts the switch off. What a total waste of targets, and this when targets are at an all time high for all clubs.

As Phil says.....it's the future, just like Canterbury were. I still remember when they first came out and all the old timers remarks about how a "good" puller was better. Yes sir. And where are we going to find enough of those in this day?

Shoot well and have fun.......Rickyd

6. Porcupine

Porcupine Active Member

My club did a lot of research before buying the Canterbury wireless system. It's very easy to use, not complicated at all. Parts (I've heard) are easy to obtain, and it's very compatible with a PAT Trap. You will have no regrets buying a Canterbury.

LA

7. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

wired or wireless cantubury work great. stay away for the champion/outers. our club bought them and they don't work well. have to call PULL most of the time. battery's don't last long, sometimes hard to get a target at all. Most of us do not like them. the wired cantubury are the best deal around and aside for the wires needing replacements sometimes they are worth the price. motordoc

8. FRedmon

FRedmon Active Member

When the Buckhorn Gun Club started using ERAD's I stopped by Wal-Mart and bought a box of safety pins.

I left the bulk of them at the club and took a handful of them with me. At the NC State Shoot I gave them to my squadmates - Frank Ketron from TN - Lonnie Campbell (took 3rd in the caps Sunday).

Anyway - the safety pin on a vest or even a t-shirt allows the ERAD clip to be placed in the same spot EVERY TIME!

We will have free safety pins at the Zone Shoot at the NC Homegrounds!

Also with the ERADS I missed the things that happen with Canterbury.

1. I missed the auto that trips the trap right about the time I shoot.

2. I missed the HOG caller giving my squad an extra bird 25 times +/-.

3. I missed moving my speaker during caps.

4. I missed the shooter before me moving my speaker to the wrong yardage.

5. I missed some shooter clipping the speaker with a gun or a shell.

6. I missed the speaker wobbling around in high wind.

7. I missed the speaker not working or the connector not being tight.

8. I missed the scorer not turning off the button and allowing the trap to hurl birds into the dirt.

9. I missed the scorer not turning the trap on after the move.

10. I missed tripping on the cord that was elevated just a wee bit.

You might have guessed that I liked the ERAD's.

FRedmon

9. RickA

RickA Member

Ok I've looked all over for something called an ERAD and cant find a thing so what the heck are they and where do I get info.
    Thanks
    Rick

10. unnamed bod

unnamed bod TS Member

Rick-

Call Ken Duncan 336-998-3939. He can get you a complete system in a few days. We have been using them for a year. I agree completely with FRedmon. It is the system of the future. SD

11. RickA

RickA Member

Just got an email from him and will be talking to him tomorrow
    Thanks guys for all the help
    Rick

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

how to test for a bad canterbury voice activated speaker