1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need value on barrels

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RGilmore, Aug 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RGilmore

RGilmore TS Member

I hope the knowledgeable minds on this site can help me out. (Hey it doesn’t hurt to do a little butt kissing up front). I have two gun barrels from my uncle’s estate that I need to have a value placed on. Both gun barrels are used, 95% or better and are authentic Winchester barrels. They are:

1. Winchester model 12, 20 gauge, full choke, Winchester proof steel, 2 ¾ in chamber, 30 inch
    2. Winchester model 42, 410 gauge, modified choke, Winchester proof steel, 3 inch chamber, 28 inch
    Any help in valuing these barrels would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Well-Known Member

RG, If they are complete barrel assemblys, then I guess I would do some hard searching for the receiver and stock perhaps hidden somewhere. Makes you think about cleaning up your act for your heirs, doesn't it. Good luck, Bob

3. g7777777

g7777777 TS Supporters TS Supporters

complete as in forearm assembly or not?

pictures

serial number?

original length or not?

regards

Gene

4. Oldman1949

Oldman1949 Banned User Banned

" Winchester model 12, 20 gauge, full choke, Winchester proof steel, 2 ¾ in chamber, 30 inch "

If this is a 30" 20ga. bbl you need to talk to a few serious collectors of Md.12's . It may be worth much more than you think .

5. RGilmore

RGilmore TS Member

These are barrels only, no actions, etc. Barrels are plain, original. Barrels were measured from end to end, including the inch of threads at the end of the barrel. Thanks for the info guys!

6. bigbore613

bigbore613 Active Member

PLain 42 barrels ,just the barrel will bring $350 and up. Jeff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.