1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to Increase LOP

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by RickA, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickA

RickA Member

I purchased a new shotgun recently and unfortunately I don't fit the manufacturers criteria for the average shooter,(I'm 6'4 200).
    With that in mind I need to increase my LOP about 1 1/2" -1 3/4" from where it is at currently. It currently has a 7/8" thick worthless recoil pad on it so when I take that off I need to add about 2 3/8" minimum to the length of this gun. I realize that by doing this I will probably (most certainly) change the drop at comb also but I think I can manage to take care of that situation when the time comes. I just can't seem to find anything that will increase LOP that much.
    Any suggestions
    Thanks for your input
    Rick

2. Ed Y

Ed Y TS Supporters TS Supporters

Rick,
    Most guns come from the factory at somewere between 14 1/4 and 14 1/2 inches LOP. Why, at 6'4", do you think that you need an extra 1 1/2 inches in length? I'm 6'7" and only need 15 1/4 inches LOP. How did you determine your LOP? What is the length of your new gun? Why will the drop at the comb change with the additional length? Before doing anything drastic to your new gun, perhaps you should read Rollin Oswalds new book

Ed Yanchok

3. RickA

RickA Member

Ed you got mail and thanks for the input I hope I explained it well
    Rick

4. missed some

missed some TS Member

I use the HART{sp} on my gunS. Don;t need the recoil reduction, just LOP. If I did need the recoil I would use their RAD system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

increase lop