1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to have a name tag made?

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by riflegunbuilder, Sep 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I bought a used shell pouch recently. I need to change the brass name tag. Where can I get a name tag and the rivets to attatch it? I had a local trophy shop do one but it is not brass and the letters are not the same font.

2. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

riflegunbuilder:

I have a habit of leaving my leather shooting gear laying around so I put brass name tags on my leather goods. That includes 2 each bullet boxes, a belt, and 2 each 'four box shell carriers'.

The brass tags came from a trophy shop. The tags are available in a wide variety of sizes and thicknesses. There's also a plethora of available fonts. I would guess a shop could match any existing font you might already have.

My source for rivets was a local shoe repair shop. They did the rivet job on my stuff for a nominal fee.

sissy

3. riflegunbuilder

riflegunbuilder Member

I got one from the local trophy shop. It is some kind of goldtone stuff, not brass.

4. CalvinMD

CalvinMD Well-Known Member

Look up Tack Shops in your area..they can do it too

5. motordoctor

motordoctor Shoji Tabuchi in Branson

call Steven DeFranco jewelers in cleveland ohio 440-943-2700. he's a shooter, makes any kind of name tags and trophies and he is a good friend motordoc

6. bigdogtx

bigdogtx Well-Known Member

You might also try dog collar name plates. These are brass and can be engraved. Try the above link.

7. Wayne of PA

Wayne of PA Member

Genuine brass plates are usually available at quality jewelry stores that offer engraving services. However the rivets could be a problem. Jewelry stores usually offer brass screws for attaching their plates to wood such as jewelry boxes.

The rivets may be available through a person that works with leather. Hope this helps.

Dale

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page

local dog collar engraved plate cleveland ohio

trap brass name tags