1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to buy Rx in Canada

Discussion in 'Off Topic Threads' started by Pull & Mark, Nov 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pull & Mark

Pull & Mark Well-Known Member

I'm Looking to buy a rather expensive med. my insurance will not cover, so its totally out of pocket. Can anyone reccomend a Canadian Company that they are currently using, to get there Prescriptions from that they would like to reccomend??? Thanks in advance for any help!!! Break em all Jeff

2. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

I have a 300 dollar medicine that I buy from ADC (All Day Chemist) in India. It comes to about 150 for 90 days which would be 900 dollars here.

They are less expensive than the Canadians.

The link here reviews a ton of online Pharmacies. Be sure and read the post about the name, Adding the letter "S" gets you to a scammer.

The above website has a hotlink to ADC.

I was originally made aware of them on a COPD forum I visit.

Good Luck.

HM

3. Barrelbulge(Fl)

Barrelbulge(Fl) TS Supporters TS Supporters

Buck a day pharmacy
    http://www.buckadaypharmacy.com/

4. Bad Jon

Bad Jon TS Member

I worked in Canada last year. Got fresh prescriptions from my doctor here in the states before I left. Went to a Canadian pharmacy with my prescriptions. First obstacle was that the prescriptions had to be written by an American doctor. By American they mean a Canadian doctor. Okay so off to the doctors office, I have to have a full check up to get the medicine, but they were closing in half an hour. Stop by a grocery store, and talk to the pharmacist there, the first prescription he looked at wasn't available in Canada.

Might want to check with US customs to see if they will let your meds into the country. Jon

5. Bird30

Bird30 TS Member

I thought that Obum made it against the law to buy RX outside of the USA. (not that I agree with it) am I wrong.

Dave

6. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

No such law yet that I know of.

HM

7. Pull & Mark

8. Pull & Mark

Thanks so much everyone!!! Keep them coming if you can. break em all Jeff

9. Ahab

Ahab Well-Known Member

My wife and her friends at the Senior Center do a drug run every so often.

They set up a chartered bus day trip to Tijuana, Baja, Mexico.
    They leave in the morning and when they get there, the bus takes them to a drug store that is know to be trustworthy (no counterfeit drugs). Then they go shopping and return in the evening.

You can bring back 6 months worth each time.

10. Pull & Mark

11. APrice

APrice Active Member

Ahab, do your wife and her friends wear bulletproof vests?

12. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

I had a heart attack in 2004 and the hospital placed a stent in an artery. When I was discharged, I was given several prescriptions for meds that are pretty much SOP for patients like me. We have very good health insurance which includes good prescription coverage but I almost had another coronary arrest when I saw that those five scripts would have cost me $1,200 for three-month supplies if not for my insurance. Understanding why the elderly are so up in arms about the cost of their meds, I wrote about my experience in my column.

One reply I received was from the wife of a reader who told me about buying her father's meds. She recommended Costco - you don't have to be a member to use their pharmacy and they apparently mark their drugs up the same percentage as the other goods they sell, as she said the savings were significant.

I called the local Costco and obtained pricing for my five prescriptions. What RiteAid would have charged me $1,200 for could be bought at Costco for less than $400 for the same 90-day refills.

Now, that was seven years ago - things may have changed but it might be worth looking into.

Ed

13. APrice

APrice Active Member

Ed, if your drugs were covered by your insurance program, your co-pay would be the same at any in-network pharmacy.

14. grntitan

grntitan Well-Known Member

I'll pass on the Mexico drugs. Personally i think you are gambling with your life getting anywhere near that border. Canada is another story. Thankfully i have great insurance and my scripts are not so bad i've had to consider going out of Country. YET!!

15. BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD

BIG JIM IN BAKERSFIELD TS Member

A friend of mine was buying prescription drugs from Canada. He has a pace maker and C.O.P.D. He was not feeling good and was taken to the hospital for heart problems... While there, the Dr. figured out that the drugs from Canada were fake. When they put him on the real medication, he was o.k. in a couple of days. He will never buy from out of the country again. The fake drugs could have killed him. Big Jim

16. AveragEd

AveragEd Well-Known Member

APrice, as I said, mine ARE covered - it is the people without coverage like that reader's father for whom I was offering a suggestion.

Ed

17. TomB

TomB Member

Pull & Mark.....Google these and check prices : Pharm store ; Better Life Pharmacy ; BidRX. If you want another who does not have a website , email me.
    Tom B

18. Pull & Mark

Thank You Tom, I'm still looking for good recommended companies!!! So far Pharm Store and All Day Chemist are very close in prices. Anyone heard anything good or bad about either one of these two??? Thanks again for any info. break em all Jeff

19. Pull & Mark

20. Steve NJ

Steve NJ Member

You can check pricing on Costco's site, try to find the cost at Rite Aid, CVS or Walmart. Had to go to the other 3 to find out and all 3 were different and by quite a bit!! Real eye opener. Costco was less then 1/2 the others were and less then the price I got online because I am a member! Looks like they will be getting my business from now on!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.