1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need to buy Rem 1100 parts.

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by al391claybuster, Mar 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. al391claybuster

al391claybuster TS Member

Hi Folks, I'm looking for a place to buy piston rings and O-rings for Rem 1100. I'm doing a project gun for the boy to use this year. Thanks David

2. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Go to Remington.com and look for the parts ordering info. You can call them and they will sell them to you. You can also buy them at a local Gander Mountain, if they have the gunsmithing services. Any well stocked Remingtgon Repair Center should be able to provide them as well. You can always buy replacement O rings in bulk from other suppliers. Do a search for O rings on this site and you should be able to find he info. They are Viton O rings and can be had for as little as a nickle apiece.

3. Brian in Oregon

Brian in Oregon Well-Known Member

Deplorable Bitter Clinger in Liberal La La Land
    These are common parts. Many local gunsmiths will have them on hand. Make some phone calls.

4. al391claybuster

I'll make some calls. I forgot to mention I'm in the middle of no way, 3 hours from everywhere. So, it will have to come via the internet or mail. It makes it very hard to shoot and enjoy my love of the shooting sports. Thanks David

5. Tripod

Tripod Well-Known Member

Brownells is one of the largest. They have everything you would need and its easy to shop. google brownells.

6. mrskeet410

mrskeet410 TS Member

Brownells makes a set of stainless steel rings. I bought a set when Remington was having a serious QC problem with their rings. I'm don't hear as many complaints these day about Remington's rings, so they may have worked out their QC problem.

BTW - You'll probably want the older style two-piece rings. If you order from Remington, make that very clear to them.

7. skeeljc

skeeljc Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

Remington still has the older two piece rings. You have to ask for them otherwise you will get the newer design that snaps together. Personally I like the older two piece design. I find that they must seal a little better because the newer snap together style will not cycle my 3/4 ounce loads.

Jim Skeel

8. Jerbear

Jerbear TS Member

Click on the upper right corner of this site on Shotgun Sports magazine. There is a page that you can get a 1100 repair kit with everything you need to field repair your 1100 and be back on the line in minuets. I'll see if I can get the page for you.

Found it... see above.

Jerbear

9. Quack Shot

Quack Shot Active Member

Brownell's is rather expensive. Midway USA has quite a few parts for the 1100's and won't charge twice as much as Remington does. Try www.midwayusa.com

10. al391claybuster

Thanks guys, I'll get what I need from the info provided, David.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.