1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

***Need to Add Weight to Forend of Beretta 390***

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Easystreet, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

I would like to add about 4 or 5 ounces of weight to the forend of my Beretta 390. I've had the magazine tube apart a couple of times and can't figure out any way to add weight in there due to that odd shaped latch spring at the forward end of the magazine tube.

Also, I can't figure out any way to add the weight to the barrel unless I put it out near the muzzle and I don't want to do that.

Does anyone have any suggestions about how to do this, or do I just need to buy a weighted magazine cap for it?

BTW, I've already added weight to the buttstock, but now I want some more weight up front.

Thanks,

Easystreet

2. Anthony12ga

Anthony12ga Member

Both C&H and Graco make weighted forend caps, not sure of the actual weight. I have a couple on a 390 and 391. Midway & Brownells carry them. If your 390 has a magazine limiting plug, you can add weight to it. I mixed #9 shot in epoxy and poured it inside the hollow part of the plug. You can't fill it up all the way because of the spring from the magazine cap.

3. halfmile

halfmile Well-Known Member

A 3 inch hull filled with 9 shot, up in front of the spring after you take out the plug. Seal the crimp with a good glue or heat.

I put 2 in my LT-20 nose to nose, couldn't stand how light the gun was. works great now.

HM

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Search tags for this page
add weight to magazine tube
how to put on a baretta modular forend weight

why add weight to 390 beretta