1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need stock bolt for Seitz!

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by tcr1146, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Don't laugh boys! I shot practice today for the first time since November. During the last practice round, the gun felt loose/strange. Fired one more shot and looked down and there was a gap between the wood and receiver. Walked off the line fearing damage if I continued. The stock fell off onto the ground. The head of the stock bolt snapped off from the shank of the bolt! Do I have to contact Seitz for one of these or might there be another source?! Thanks, Tom Rhoads

2. Ron Burdick

Ron Burdick Active Member

Tom, I had to replace my stock bolt when I was shooting a Seitz. I went to a "Fastenal" store and they had the right bolt in stock.

Hope this helps.

Ron Burdick

3. tcr1146

tcr1146 Well-Known Member

Thanks Ron! Tom Rhoads

4. Sky Buster

Sky Buster Sky Buster TS Supporters

If you contact Seitz, I'm sure they will send one no-charge.

5. GBatch_25

GBatch_25 Active Member

If it were my Silver Seitz, I'd take the 2 parts of the bolt, assuming I had them, and send them to Silver Seitz with a nice letter. I'd explain that the Silver Seitz is such a well made firearm it's a shock that this bolt would break. And I thought they'd like to see it iso they can examine it for any defects. I'd also ask them to send me a new one and offer to pay for it. I suspect I'd be surprised. I'd also include my phone number and email n case they want to contact me to talk about how it sheared.

Gene Batchelar
    Wheaton, IL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.