1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

Need sticker for release trigger...

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by Utahx5, May 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Utahx5

Utahx5 TS Member

Recently picked up a used R/R trigger for my MX8. Now I'd like ot find the stickers that attach to the bottom of the pistol grip informing any handler of my gun that they have a release trigger gun in hand. Sources? It's an Allem trigger, I guess I could call or drop them an email.

Thanks.

2. Utahx5

Utahx5 TS Member

^^^^

3. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

Tron I would thank you for your offer but I don,t need no sticker . I know it,s a release ??

KEYBEAR

4. KEYBEAR

KEYBEAR Active Member

My Trap gun is an older Silver Seitz number 216 and has not had the first scratch or dent because I never set it down it,s in my hands or in my car .

KEYBEAR

5. Easystreet

Easystreet Well-Known Member

"If someone is dumb enough to pick up some one's gun without permission.. then to somehow load it and not be using/thinking gun safety.. . they deserve to be hurt!!!"

It happens very frequently that someone picks up the wrong gun and loads it and shoots it, particularly with the Browning O/U's that are very common at many ranges. I have my XT clearly marked with a Release sticker, so it's not too often picked up by mistake.

6. BigM-Perazzi

BigM-Perazzi Well-Known Member

You mean the sticker that says "Release Trigger...steal me!!"

7. Mac V

Mac V Guest

How about..."Booby trapped; Hands Off!"

8. willing

willing Member

The person who may be hurt is probably not the person who picked up the gun.
    Bill

9. dhwbailey

dhwbailey Member

The stickers are not for the shooter, but for others.

I had someone pick up my Ultra XS on a sporting course and was on the next station before I realized he had my gun.
    Release triggers CAN be very dangerous!

Doug The Canuck

10. Utahx5

Utahx5 TS Member

Nancy, at Allem's, was very helpful. Tron, thanks for the offer, but better safe then sorry.

11. Utahx5

Utahx5 TS Member

Picked up the release trigger from a fellow TS.com'er.

12. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Send NSSA a note and they will send you a supply for your use.

Jim

13. luvnbearhugs1

luvnbearhugs1 TS Member

I understand the need for a release trigger, but what scares me are the guys who have " Point this end towards the target" down the barrel.

Luvn

14. Recoil Sissy

Recoil Sissy Well-Known Member

Story One:

Once upon a time, I shot a left handed 1100. Although I lived in an area with a half dozen clubs within 40 miles, I'd never seen another lefty 1100.

One evening at my home club, I put mine in the gun rack next to the club house door. Later, when I went out to shoot again, there were three left handed 1100s sitting side by side. They all looked alike. None had any noticeable distinguishing features. Even under close scrutiny, it was a challenge to pick mine out of the bunch.

Story Two:

Last year at the Grand, a friend placed his Kolar in a rack by the practice traps. He turned his back and when he turned around a few minutes later, his Kolar was gone. Another very similar looking Kolar was sitting in the rack where my friend's had been.

He waited nervously for a while but nobody brought his Kolar back and nobody came after the one sitting in the rack. After the initial panic attack, my friend called Racine. He was able to identify the owner of the "other" Kolar
    by the serial number. It took a couple of hours but everybody ended up with the correct Kolar.

My point? Picking up the wrong gun inadvertently isn't all that rare. Unless a person maintains possession of his gun at all times, "release trigger" labels are a smart move.

Since I still shoot relatively common guns, they are also labeled with my name.

sissy

15. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

FlaLagarto, Try telling that to a liberal judge while being grilled by a blood sucking, anti-gun, ambulance chasing lawyer.

16. Jim101

Jim101 Active Member

This is the only kind of release trigger I'm familiar with, Are there others?

<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Jim

17. Mike Michalski

Mike Michalski Member

FlaLagarto, The scenario that scares me is where the new shooter picks up the wrong gun, goes to the line, loads and calls for the target. When the gun does not fire when he pulls the trigger he turns to ask for help and lets go the release trigger, when? And where is the gun pointed? And what does the lawyer ask? "You mean to tell me this gun is modified to not work with a pull of the trigger like all other guns? Does that make it faster to shoot? Why was it not marked as dangerous like a McDonalds coffee cup?"

18. atashooter

atashooter Member

Fraternal Supply sells them 25 cents each, plus postage. Their # is 804-790-1566. Here's the one they sent me, it is 1 inch Floresent Orange ( color of my picture ain't good)

[​IMG]

19. Dickgshot

Dickgshot Well-Known Member

The only dangerous situation that ever existed with someone inadvertently picking up a gun with a release trigger was prior to the FTF rule. If your gun didn't fire when you pulled the trigger you were required to keep the trigger pulled until the trapper had an opportunity to walk over to your position and check your gun.

That is no longer the case. All that would happen now is that the gun would fire a split second later,and the shooter would probably break the target anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.