1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need steel slug for ironing out barrel

Discussion in 'Uncategorized Threads' started by skeet_man, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skeet_man

skeet_man Well-Known Member

i need a steel or possibly brass slug made to my bore ID to iron out a very small dent in my barrels (not big enough to cause any issues, but it makes putting my subgauge tubes in a little bit of a pain. If anyone out there has a lathe and could make one of these for a few bucks, please send me an email.

2. k3uro

k3uro Member

Hey,

Do not use steel. Steel against steel may cause Gauling and if it is a Chromed barrel no telling what will happen.

Make a shuttle out of Bronze or Brass. We used a threaded rod and pulled the shuttle through the barrel and it looked prettey good when we were done.

Take care,

Jim

3. skeet_man

thanks for the advice. I'll change my request to a bronze or brass slug then. OD would be .780"

4. skeet_man

mike- thanks for the offer. I'll do a search for some stock and drop you an email

5. X Trap 2

X Trap 2 TS Member

I just checked some sockets.My Craftsmen 9/16 socket in 3/8 drive measures .776. You might try your sockets and put a layer of scotch tape around it if needed. Just a thought. Ray.......

6. skeet_man

ray- that just might work, thanks for the idea!!

7. skeet_man

ray- thanks a bunch. Worked like a charm. The 9/16 socket and a little scotch tape and its good as new :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.