1. Attention: We have put together a thread with tips and a tutorial video to help with using the new software. Please take a moment to check out the thread here: Trapshooters.com Tutorial & Help Video.
    Dismiss Notice

need Spring Grand RV spot

Discussion in 'Shooting Related Threads' started by Klay_Buster, Nov 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Klay_Buster

Klay_Buster TS Member

Tucson club says (sold out).
    If anyone has changed their plans and no longer needs their RV spot.
    Please contact me before releasing it back to the club. thanks, Dave

2. W.P.T.

W.P.T. TS Member

I would guess that someone at the club could direct you to a camp ground in the immediate area being as they are full and probably have a waiting list ... There are several in reasonably close proximity to the club if you can't get on the grounds ... They might gouge a little because of the Spring Grand but thats the way it goes ... There is always WalMarts Parking lot and drive to the club during the day if all else fails ... WPT ... (YAC) ...

3. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

.......I have a sneaky suspicion there will be plenty of spots available......just a hunch.

4. glenn mcleod

glenn mcleod Member

Jerry, What's up? Don't close it now, I'm finally going to make it this year. Glenn

5. jimbohughes

jimbohughes TS Member

I have been on the "waiting list" for three years there for a spot at the spring grand.
    We are now thinking about renting a house or condo for a week, any ideas? like go or don't go areas? thank.....

6. Jerry Parr

Jerry Parr Member

Thanks Tommie. No, not real windy..bout 12-15. The problem was it was not a 'steady state' wind....kinda in and out...hi/lo targets. Add winter 'side' lighting and it can be a handful. As far as the RV stuff goes, I overheard part of a conversation between a shooter and someone presumably on the Tucson club staff regarding prioritizing and rates for upcoming Spring Grand. Best to get the straight scoop from TTS staff. As ya know, there is always unhappy campers! LOL!........Jerry

7. DJSims

DJSims Member

The Spring Grand Program is out, and there is a Preliminary Spring Grand Week February 16 - 21 leading into the Spring Grand February 22-28.

There is terrific difficulty making reservations, assigning spots, guiding the RV's into the parking, etc. The Tucson Club is not going to divide the parking into two separate shooting events. A reservation will allow the parking RV the entire two weeks. Shooters that are not able to use the first week will be able to arrive early on the weekend before the main week, without worry that they must wait to clear their parking spot.

February in Tucson is high demand for motel accomodations. In the Spring Grand program is an advertisement for motel rooms.

November $69.00 / night

January $89.00 / night

February $109.00 / night

The price of $220.00 for 14 nights stay on the grounds with 50 amp electrical service, water and sewage seems reasonable. It also assures smooth flow of RV's. The comment about "three years wait" above is accurate.

Doug Sims

8. slugbug1

slugbug1 Member

I called the club yesterday and they told me the RV lot was full. They did give me a couple of RV parks that are close to them. GaryL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.